Happier days again

Old 02-27-2005, 12:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happier days again

Well it has been just about 2 months now that I began the alanon program and working the steps and wow did it take time for me to "get it" let go and let god. I constantly repeated the serenity prayer and the three C's.

Taking the step and going to my first face to face was huge for me! a wieght was lifted almost as soon as the meeting started, it was just so great.

It was not all that long ago that I remember crying and wondering if and how long I could do this.
My AH is active and denies that he has a problem and i have watched it progress for many years now the last 5 have been the worst and now is the worst ever. I was feeling so lonely and I don't know if all of you feel the same way when things seem so bad but I detach with out love and it just gets worse. Detaching with love and concentrating on me was the best thing that i could do.

My AH is out right now and it doesn't bother me one bit. I have completely let go of that and quit worrying and let hp look after all of that.

I have had a very nice weekend just doing things for me and I feel so at peace and it is weird and new for me because my life usually revolves around my kids and my A.
I am happy to have a positive share and there hasn't been many for me and i know that this is my first here.
Thanks to all who welcomed me.
Diva
Old 02-27-2005, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

:Terrific
Old 02-27-2005, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great!!! Good news is ALWAYS welcome!!!