Notices

Children are wonderful!

Old 02-24-2005, 07:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Children are wonderful!

I am grateful for my beeeeoootiful son and his friend James! My son is two and his friend is three. I decided to have James over for a slumber party last night and let me tell you, it really improved my outlook on things. I am a recovering coke addict who a month ago would have probably cried at the thought of caring for two toddlers, but I have been clean for over a month. I can't say that I feel great all the time because I really don't. I have discovered that perspective can be changed if the atmosphere is right. That's what my toddler time did for me. I spent 48 hours of completely clean and sober time playing, cooking(ughhhh), cleaning(ughhh again), and playing more. I was so frigging busy I didn't have time to think about getting high. I also realized how fun it can be to just play all day. I also really found a new appreciation for that alone time with my son. Sometimes the same old routine really gets me down (and I mean DOWN) and a change of pace is just what I need. Maybe it could work for someone else who struggles with boredom like mine. My boredom always leads me into troubled water!