Notices

craving

Old 02-04-2005, 05:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

craving

WOW.I finaly got the dam craving today.Everything seemed fine today and i guess it being fri,but dam what goes threw your head while your not trying to drink.I,ve been seperated from the wife for 5 months and i geuss the lonely side is taking over.I dont know how many times i,ve said the A.A prayer but its worked so far i guess.I guess it did,nt help seeing the ex girlfriend walking down the street either and she was and is still hard to forget about.The stupid part is i married my wife to try and forget about her and it did,nt work so that caused my marriage to fail too with my heavey drinking that is.I keep thinking if i would not have been such an ******* at the time with drinking so heavey things never would of got to where they left off at.Ieven phone the ex girlfriend at work once a month but she happy again with her ex husband,DAM.Well i glad i got this off my chest i even feel a little better.Hope i did,nt bore you all thanks.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

((((dave))))

Good for you for acknowledging and moving through the cravings. I know they are hard. Keep saying the serenity prayer and reaching out. It does get better.

I, too, have a lot of wreckage in my personal relationships, so I can very much relate. It is hard and it does get lonely. Going to meetings and spending time with people in recovery helps me feel not so alone.

I heard this version of the serenity prayer and at first I laughed. Now, though, I say it because it helps keep my perspective where it needs to be. In my opinion, the issues in our relationships are by far the hardest to deal with.

God grant me the serinity to accept the people I cannot change
the courage to change the people I can
and the wisdom to know that it's me.

Hang in there.

jojo
Old 02-04-2005, 07:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
new life

Dave Yes I can ponder for hours about this, take it one day at a time, and everything happens for a reason senerio, I realized that the most important thing to do is to get sober, and as soon as I did this, I get hit with more reasons to drink than ever. After
a 1/2 dozen relapses, I began praying, everytime a negative thought enter my mind.
And it finally took hold, with Gods help there is nothing that can defeat my efforts!
Don't dwell on the negatives, instead reep the rewards of getting well! God Bless.
mikee
Old 02-04-2005, 11:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((((((Dave))))))))
Not bored at all. Quite moved by your honesty in sharing. Thank You for touching a part of me that I don't like to feel but know I must if I am to continue and be Happy Joyous and Free.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Dave do you have a sponsor? There's these great steps you can take that will relieve the boredom and help you get things sorted out.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had a sponsor the first time i quit drinking i jest have,nt had the nerve to pick up the phone or go to a meeting yet.I know its time to get of my but and go do it.I,m thinking i can quit on my own well power and this site.But i,m going to try and get into the program again.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Chy

ooooooh when you get that will power let ME know how ya did it?