Notices

need help

Old 02-03-2005, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need help

i am cacramer; i was introduced to drugs, and with drugs came sex, money, and power. the later you would only be achieved by becoming a dealer, or so my teenage mind believed. so, there went school and a career in politics, but that is only the half. at twenty-three i was wrestling in the road and was struck by a man, in a car, and he was intoxicated. i spent five weeks in a coma, three months in the hospital, and months in out-patient care. that was in October 99'. i feel i am still rehabbing, i make it to the gym six, or seven days a week, i also take a Pilates class once/week and a yoga class twice/week, and all that is great, but i feel i have no one to answer to when i go out and have a few beers. one's to many and a thousand is not enough!
Old 02-03-2005, 11:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hi and welcome.

How about answering to yourself? you must not feel okay about it or you wouldn't be posting her on a recovery site.

Have you thought of AA meetings? just an option out there for you.

I am glad you for SR, this is a great place for friendship and support. Stick around and do some reading, you will see you are not alone.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ted
OH SH!T

WELCOME
I HAVE TO ANSWER TO MYSELF.
SEEMS YOUR UNCOMFORATABLE WITH THE DRINKING.
DO YOU THINK YOUR ALCOHOLIC?
TRY AN A.A. MEETING SEE WHAT YOU THINK.
GODSPEED......................ted
Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i would like to thank those that gave a reply. And WILL start answering to the one i love most.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

I hope that you can find the answers within yourself that you are obviously searching for C. I agree that you should go to an AA meeting. I also think you should continue posting here. This is such a supportive tight knit community filled with the nicest people I've met. Please know that you are not alone, and take it one day at a time.

Good luck and many prayers to you.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Baltimore... There was an AA Intergroup convention there in about 1995. Intergroup is a local organization in a big city to handle activities that no one group can handle by itself. Reps from each group meet once a month in each city. Annually, each intergroup in North America can send a rep to the convention.

AA has the minimum amount of organization and administration necessary to get things done. But because this convention was held in your city, your city has strong AA.

I strongly suggest you call the AA number in your telephone directory and ask for help. It's available. The alternative is to keep on doing what you're doing (insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results) or to try to quit drinking on your own (painful and unnecessary).

Either way, please keep posting on this thread. We care about you.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i am without a car and drivers licence, because i suffered a tramatic brain injury in my accident the state took my licence. i do intend to get it back by the end of 05'. it is just passing all the tests in front of a medical board that presents a problem. and no public transportation my way, but i do see a man for an anger problem i have as a result of the accident. he helps me, gives me someone to talk to.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hi Cacramer

Welcome to SR.I am glad that you are on the road to recovery and that you are here. Bless,Trish
Old 02-04-2005, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

cacramer here

hi all, and would like to say thank you.

it has been four days, i got up shoveled the driveway, did laundry, and now am working on the computer. i joined another form today, one about PDA's(personal digital assistant), so to try to have my question answered. i have these movies downloaded to my computer, my PDA play movies, and i would like my PDA to play those movies.

as i was shoveling the driveway i came to the conclusion that boredom cause me to act a fool!
Old 02-04-2005, 10:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Originally Posted by cacramer
i came to the conclusion that boredom cause me to act a fool!

Me too, you are not alone.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey C,
Don't worry too much about feeling like a fool as you are currently in the circus of fools, from alchies to poppers,dopers to well you get it.
For me it is mostly booze and having fought with this pretty much my whole life I can honestly say alone is impossible, help from above or around you.
I just started AA three days ago and it is and was the hardest thing for me to face.
Take my advice see if someone will take you, drop you off etc., just try something don't be like me and wait till you have nothing left but regreat.
Keep writing, at least they are friendly fools in this big top.
John
Old 02-04-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Chy

Did you say your accident was caused by a drunk driver? Hmmmmm... nuff said.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hey all,

it has been five days, and each day that goes by i am feeling better about being sober, the path my life is on, and i know i will not mess this up! i used to be able to screw-up a wet dream, but not this time, baby; this time its for real.

Thanks for being here,

cacramer

Last edited by cacramer; 02-05-2005 at 06:52 PM. Reason: wrong text!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hey all,

i feel i may be the only person reading, or replying to this thread, and i should start a new thread everytime i post; not returning to the same thread everytime. i am getting the hang of this!

Thanks,

cacramer
Old 02-06-2005, 05:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Learning to love me.

You are doing fine Cacramer. It does feel good to live clean doesn't it?
Old 02-07-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

welcome keep coming back you are doing just fine.
indigo