Unsure of things

Old 01-25-2005, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Unsure of things

Things have been crazy for me but i ma still going. I made a decision to go to Ashland University in the fall now I am going back on it and i applied to another college. I am I subbagening (sp) myself? I don't know where I want to go and i feel that i was pushed to go to Ashland but i like the campus. I just don't know what to think. I am just so scared of this whole college thing. my mom is now doing better with me going to college an dbeing on campus but my dad which is my alcoholic does not say anything positive about college. I know i should not let others affect me but it is hard when I am so confused and everything is spiniing in my head right now.
Love,
Shana
Old 01-25-2005, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

Have you met with a counselor?

Sometimes when we have lived with alcoholics, it can be very very very hard to make decisions. And then we always worry about whether we made the right one, and then our emotional rollercoaster starts and we feel like we can't think straight.

I just wonder if you could meet with a counselor, if they may be able to help. Also, maybe making a list of what you want out of college. pros and cons of each choice, etc. and then narrow it down...

I am sorry you are having a rough time with this. Hope you can find some peace soon.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think Wraybear's advice is good. My personal opinion is that if you have the opportunity to go to college, GO!!! If you turn it down now, you may regret it later. Making decisions can be hard because we are taught by the A's in our life to question our judgement. I too hope you can find the answers you are seeking. Hugs to you.

MysticCat
Old 01-26-2005, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yes i have talked to my counselor but i still I am confused. It needs to be my decision and noone elses that is why i keep chaging my mind because i think I am following others dreams and i am not sure what mine are I am working on it.
Love,
Shana thanks for the post they are helpful.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((shana))) - no advice but i care - good luck!