Notices

back at it again.

Old 01-08-2005, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

back at it again.

Well this is dave,i,m back at trying to stay sober again.It is sure hard sometimes to stay that way but i think and hope i can do it again for good.Its not jest me i hurt its my whole family that seems to suffer.My wife left me in sept,because i guess of my drinking and my short fuse to her 13yr old daughter and the **** she put me threw.My son moved in too and he,s 15 and that i guess made it all the worse.My son was from a prev, marriage.When i was single from the prev, marriage my boy was 5 and i had jest got really hard into the booze after 9yrs of not drinking and i wanted someone to be with again so i put my son last all the time and know i can,t do it anymore the guilt got up to me.MY son and stepdaugher dont get along so it was a nightmare.My wife and i stll care very deeply for each other but with the kids and my boozeing things really got bad.But i,m trying to keep a straight head and not go to the bottle again.I quit on new years eve after making the usually ass of myself so i guess i,m on day 8 and starting to feel pretty good again i may even be able to beat the 21 days i did the last time. I know one day at a time.........
Old 01-08-2005, 08:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and hugs from another newbie....
Old 01-08-2005, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
knucklehead

dave I am glad you are with us working through the pain of being addicted. Abusing it does couse so many problems. I know the feeling well. 1 day at a time today is the day we want to live as a sober person. Well we got lots of work to do fixing all of the unfinished problems we create for our selves when we are busy drinking. That in itself can be overwhelming. I try to keep it as simple as possible do what I need to do and slowly but surley my life is beginning to level out. Good luck
Old 01-08-2005, 09:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Dave -

Good for you for trying. Take it slow, I don't think I can't drink forever, I just think, I am not gonna drink today.

Do something for yourself, find some face to face support, maybe AA meetings. that is what works for me.

And keep posting, cause we are all here doing the same thing, staying sober just for today.