Notices

Hi, I'm new here, need help with a couple of questions.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, I'm new here, need help with a couple of questions.

Hi,
This is my first post here. I came across this forum while searching for something or other in *****, I started reading and saw how helpfull people here are and decided to give it a try even if to vent out some.

When I met my gf I wa completly clean cut, and I thought she was too. Later I found out that she smokes pot every day and just got out of a bad year with coke. My first thought was to try to help her quit and suport her. But little by little I started to feel unconfortable around her friends and her when they were smoking, so what I set out to do completly backfired on me.

I started smoking after about a month and a half. I don't do it often but I am just about ready to quit wich wont be hard because all my friends are clean even though they don't know I smoke just having them there will make it easy to quit.

Wich brings me to one of my questions. I am currentrly looking for a job and I am worried about a drug test. Is there any way other than waiting a few months to clean up your system completely, or any way to make the prosses a bit faster?

My second question is regarding my gf. I want to try to get her to quit with me, but with her friends I find that to be a very hard thing to even attempt and I don't think I will acomplish it. She has to smoke almost every day at least once a day. She tells me she is not addicted but I'm pretty convinced that she is. I also don't want to get in the way of her and her friends, but I feel like they are the ones dragging her back. I really don't know what to do an am open to any kind of suggestions.

Thank you for reading this and I will really appriciate any feedback.

-JG
Old 01-05-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi and welcome to SR!
This is a good place to find support, learn how to stay clean, and take care of yourself in relationships with active addicts.

I've heard of Goldenseall tea supposedly being able to help rid the toxins, but I doubt they would be conclusive as a hair test will show usage for up to 5 years. Best advice, to just quit.

As for your girlfriend, well hopefully because of your own situation you know she won't quit unless she really want's to, period. She has to want it for herself as you did. In the meantime, sit back scroll around and post where ever you like.
Old 01-06-2005, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi... I'm glad you wrote. Yesterday was the first time I wrote, too...and I found it on *****, also. My husband is a heroin addict. I hate his friends. I'm also clean. I've never been addicted to anything before. I hate my husband's "friends". The addiction aprt is all on him...but he always knows which "friend" to see when he needs it. To answer your first question...about passing a drug test...let me give you some advice...others may not agree...but I've been around enough to know it works for all the ones that i've known to try it. Put about 7 or 8 drops of visine in a large cup of black coffee about an hour give or take a few before your test. It may give you the runs...but it comes out clean when you go. I'm not sure if I should've said that. But if you're looking for a job to keep you on the right track...and occupied...I'd rather have you know and do it now than wait. About your gf...As everyone has told me...She has to want to quit the life style before she will actually do it. Her friendsa may play a role in it...but unfortunatley...just like my wonderful husband...it's on her to do it. I too want to help my husband...that's why I came here. If she's "the one" and truely worth it...the best you can do is support her in her recovery. From doing it for over a year now....it's hard to sit by and do nothing. I wish so badly that there is something I can actually do...but I know there's not. It's just hard to come to terms with it. Your surrort and love is all you can do. I make suggestions and find other things for us to do...together to keep him away from the trash he is so dedicated to. Maybe try that. Good luck to you and her. I'll pray for you. Maybe someone stronger that both of us can help....
Old 01-06-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm new here too--want to learn more-------Crystal Meth is my addiction and I want to be sober.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

WELCOME TO BOTH OF YOU WANTING TO STOP IS THE BEST WAY TO START I LOOK FORWARD TO GETTING TO KNOW YOU BOTH;

indigo
Old 01-06-2005, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Welcome to the site ,

Chris
Old 01-06-2005, 09:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What I learned in treatment is that marijuana is detectable in your system for a minimum of 30 days after the last time smoking it.
It stores itself in your fat cells. Many people after getting off of it can still release it from their fat cells when excercising or exerting themselves, and it can give them a bit of a buzz, thus triggering some to go back out.

All I can think of is if you were to do major excercise to release it from your fat cells. By the way, it can stay in people's fat cells and system for up to if not more than a year. Something to think about the next time you think about smoking it.