Feeling good again......

Old 07-14-2002, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Feeling good again......

Hi,

Today I feel good! I'm excepting the fact that I can't change my A. I believe I was in denial. I didn't want to believe that he was an addict, that alcohol was more important than me but it is. I'm now seeing him as an addict. I'm not mad at him anymore. I understand that he has a disease and it's not his fault, it's not anybody's fault. It's just the way it is and I have to accept that.
I will alwayss love him but I know i can't live my life waiting for that one day that he'll be in recovery because it may or may not ever happen.

I wished and hoped that he would wake up and see that me and the kids were more important but now it's time for me to move on. I've wasted valuable time on what may never happen. I know he loves me but he doesn't love himself and that's the problem and until he does he can't ever give me what I need or want.

I'm happy with the way my life's going. I've decided to take this new job offer. I think it'll be great for my career and if it doesn't turn out the way I expect I can always get another job. I don't like my current job so I'm not losing anything.

You guys haave helped me so much. I am so grateful for finding this site and to all of you and your advise. I love all of you.

Love,
Galnva
Old 07-14-2002, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Galnva

There comes a time in our recovery where we are usually surprised to find that we actually feel good. It has been so long since we felt that way, but all the hard work and going through the pain is worth it in the end. Because we get our lives back.

You have so much good stuff going for you right now, and you deserve every bit of it! I really hope the new job will work well for you. I love my new job and it makes such a difference when I can have happy days. It keeps me busy, happy and away from my obsessing. And it helps me "let go" of all the problems over which I have no power.

Your past may be painful, and you have done everything you could do to try to make it better, but now you have a beautiful future just waiting for you out there and it is there for the taking.

Have a great day and enjoy your happiness.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Galnva,

I am so glad you are feeling better. You had some rough times and you rose above them. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Lots of Hugs,

MG

Old 07-15-2002, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cindy,
I am very glad your feeling good! You deserve it sooo much! I hope the new job works out well for you too...What your doing takes alot of courage, you will do just fine!

Take your time and do it one day at a time, enjoy your happiness! :tongue3:

Old 07-17-2002, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

******************{HELLUVAGALNVA}}}}}}}}}}