Notices

I'm really excited about my future

Old 01-25-2024, 04:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm really excited about my future

I have two upcoming court dates with five charges total, including assault causing harm. But even if I get five convictions, my life isn't over. I think my life is only beginning now. My life isn't going to end on March 6th. I'll be named and shamed in the paper but I did the crime, and people will forget about it in time if I stay on track. What's done is done. I can't change the past but I can change the future. Rule #1: no alcohol.
​​​​
Old 01-25-2024, 05:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think it sounds great and your outlook is fantastic. We know you can do it and are here for ya!
Old 01-25-2024, 05:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some things I'm grateful for today

My parents letting me live in a nice house and eat the food they buy for €150/wk. I'd probably be in a homeless hostel without them. For visiting me in hospital, for helping me with my legal issues.

My best friend for sticking with me even though I'm a drama llama and struggle to stay sober while he's several years clean.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​My youngest sister for saying she'll speak to me again when I have a year sober.

My older sisters for being civil with me and giving my parents lifts to the psych ward occasionally.

My cat for the cuddles. The neighbourhood black and white cat for loving me unconditionally even though he doesn't understand my drunk days

Ireland, for having affordable tuition fees for EU students.For providing me with free healthcare. For not throwing me in prison yet.
​​​
The staff of the psych ward including my consultant even though he wanted me to stay longer than I was prepared to. Grateful to patients for being friendly and reciprocating borrowed cigarettes. Grateful for being given access to CBT. Grateful I have to get sodium bloods twice a week which will keep me in check.

Grateful my town has lunch time AA meetings three times a week and they always seem welcoming when I'm not paranoid.

Grateful for SR, that I have a place I can ask for help 24/7.

​​​​​​Grateful to my probation officer for giving me his time and asking the judge for an adjournment so we can meet again and he can write a proper report.

Grateful I'm sober right now. Grateful God gave me some potential and it hasn't all gone to crap after years of abusing my mind, body and soul.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bravo FF!
this really brightens my day!!
Old 01-25-2024, 06:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There's a lot to be grateful for Freedom.

Your post made me really happy. And, I'm excited about your future too.

You have a lot to offer here Freedom. You really do.

Grateful to be sober Freedom.

I can't live without it.

Old 01-25-2024, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Some things I'm grateful for today

My parents letting me live in a nice house and eat the food they buy for €150/wk. I'd probably be in a homeless hostel without them. For visiting me in hospital, for helping me with my legal issues.

My best friend for sticking with me even though I'm a drama llama and struggle to stay sober while he's several years clean.
​​​​​​
​​​​​​My youngest sister for saying she'll speak to me again when I have a year sober.

My older sisters for being civil with me and giving my parents lifts to the psych ward occasionally.

My cat for the cuddles. The neighbourhood black and white cat for loving me unconditionally even though he doesn't understand my drunk days

Ireland, for having affordable tuition fees for EU students.For providing me with free healthcare. For not throwing me in prison yet.
​​​
The staff of the psych ward including my consultant even though he wanted me to stay longer than I was prepared to. Grateful to patients for being friendly and reciprocating borrowed cigarettes. Grateful for being given access to CBT. Grateful I have to get sodium bloods twice a week which will keep me in check.

Grateful my town has lunch time AA meetings three times a week and they always seem welcoming when I'm not paranoid.

Grateful for SR, that I have a place I can ask for help 24/7.

​​​​​​Grateful to my probation officer for giving me his time and asking the judge for an adjournment so we can meet again and he can write a proper report.

Grateful I'm sober right now. Grateful God gave me some potential and it hasn't all gone to crap after years of abusing my mind, body and soul.
This just about made me cry (in a good way).
You can do this. Just keep going with this gratitude, and take care of yourself. Let other people help you do that. You have a LOT of people pulling for you, including me, and I hope you never forget that.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, you can do this, FF.
Old 01-25-2024, 06:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Brand nue day ☀️
Old 01-25-2024, 08:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This post is beautiful FF, and written by a beautiful soul.

We believe in you and I agree, the future is so bright for you without alcohol.

🤗
Old 01-25-2024, 09:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies, everyone!
Old 01-25-2024, 09:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Greatly positive and hopeful posts, freedomfries. Stay the course.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:23 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I've been walking around with no glasses since losing them in a 2022 bender lol. Just rang Specsavers and am finally going to get a test and a new pair.
Old 01-25-2024, 09:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Looking forward to AA tomorrow afternoon if my anxiety allows it. Sometimes it's safer to just stay in the house and avoid triggers. I hate sharing in AA but I'll practice a little what I want to say. I'll arrive early and leave late. I'll really take a shot at this AA thing. Even if the steps aren't for me, I can benefit from the fellowship.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:04 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good stuff, FreedomFries. AA is indeed a wonderful fellowship.
Old 01-25-2024, 10:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My friend normally hosts an NA meeting Thursday night but he's had his phone switched off since Tuesday morning. I dunno would it be wrong to log in to see if he attends on his laptop or if I should just respect him going off grid. I'm sure he'll be in contact soon. He does this when he's stressed, and with losing his mother last year and stuff ..
Old 01-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
This just about made me cry (in a good way).
You can do this. Just keep going with this gratitude, and take care of yourself. Let other people help you do that. You have a LOT of people pulling for you, including me, and I hope you never forget that.
I am with MLD; I have happy tears in my eyes.

GO FF!!!!! ❤️❤️
Old 01-25-2024, 10:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Looking forward to AA tomorrow afternoon if my anxiety allows it. Sometimes it's safer to just stay in the house and avoid triggers. I hate sharing in AA but I'll practice a little what I want to say. I'll arrive early and leave late. I'll really take a shot at this AA thing. Even if the steps aren't for me, I can benefit from the fellowship.
But you are on naltrexone now, and that makes a difference.
You need to go to the meetings, I think. s xx
Old 01-25-2024, 10:21 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
But you are on naltrexone now, and that makes a difference.
You need to go to the meetings, I think. s xx
Well I actually won't get Naltrexone until tomorrow morning. My chemist has to order it, but yeah I'll be taking it a few hours before the meeting. I will go. If I don't go there's a zoom meeting I like at the same time.
Old 01-25-2024, 11:00 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

This is an extciting time FF, and Im excited and pleased for you!

You really do have a great chance a fresh start, and the sky is the limit!
Go well!

Old 01-25-2024, 11:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I chatted a lot with my mother today. I couldn't relax when my parents visited me in the psych ward visiting room because I could hear people talking in the courtyard and my dumb brain was hearing them mocking our conversation even though that's unlikely. Nice to have a chat in the quietness of home. I got up to speed with my siblings' careers and relationships and stuff. They're all happy and successful. That could be my future.