Notices

Watching Us Grow

Old 12-21-2004, 12:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Watching Us Grow

As we come to the end of the year, I'd like to take a moment and share with you the joy I get watching us grow in recovery. I'm not talking so much about time but, the spiritual and acceptence part of recovery. For those that have been around for awhile. I'm sure you also are amazed at the difference between our early posts, and those of today. For people that are still struggling and new. I suggest you pick a name and go back and read the difference even a few months make. I love watching new people change before my very eyes. I go to the VA for treatment and I can tell the difference between the people that are in their 1st, 2nd and 3rd week.
There is a message of hope if you really open your eyes to others in recovery. I don't understand how in the past, I thought I could fool people telling them a lie about not drinking. Have any of you noticed the amazing transformation take place in others. Please, if your having problems, stick with it. Our body can in many cases repair the damage and if we change, our minds also can return. We help each other. You help us see where we were and we can help you see the new life waiting for you. This season it is difficult to take that step but, there is also no better time to start. There is no better gift anyone could give you than giving yourself the gift of recovery. Don W

Last edited by Don W; 12-21-2004 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dan

I have to pinch myself sometimes.
Just to make sure I'm not imagining these moments of serenity that glide over me sometimes. My life has changed in oh so many ways, to quote Lennon.
In less than a year, I've replaced fear with faith, resentment with gratitude and sadness with joy.
For the most part.
Don writes...
Please, if your having problems, stick with it.
Oh yes, please do.
Because the days where it all falls into place are so very much worth it.
And the days where it doesn't, well, they're still better than the alternative.
Thanks for reminding me, once again Don, of how grateful I am to be sober.
Old 12-21-2004, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

I catch moments of serenity sneaking over me

More and more serenity. And I'm watching the same process in so many others, both here and f2f.

Wonderful post, Don!