Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Do not conflate daily pot use with safe because it's legal or acceptable.

Old 03-27-2023, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

There are numerous issues surrounding the daily or regular use of pot. The biggest being it is addictive and many conflate safe with legal or acceptable. A pot addict frequently rationalizes their pot use with the safer argument.

https://aish.com/15-things-the-cannabis-industry-doesnt-want-you-to-know/#

Some of the health issues with regular or daily pot users can include addiction, possible triggering or development of psychosis or schizophrenia, heart issues and regular intestinal problems including vomiting. There some misconceptions as well. Many think it's good for seizures or pain but only in certain cases and being prescribed by a doctor. It can actually increase the chance of seizures in some cases. Regular use of pot for pain can increase the chance of someone get addicted to opioids later.

The pot industry has shrewdly been able to conflate safe with legal and diverted attention away from physical consequences by keeping the arguments on civil rights,

Don't let the pot addict fool you
Old 04-15-2023, 06:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are 100% correct. My daughter ended up in the hospital after months and months of intestinal problems...when I called a family friend who is a gastroenterologist, the first thing he asked was, "does she smoke pot?".

Later that day, when I got to the hospital to see her...I shared this with every nurse, PA, and doctor who saw her. I asked them all to ask her about this. Turns out, she was smoking every day, many times a day.
After 8 days of constant vomiting (I didn't know a person could survive that), she is now at almost 1 year of not smoking pot...healthy and happy and doing so well in her life.

No one believes it until they live it...
Old 09-02-2023, 01:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the quest

Thanks for an important post. The negative outcomes have been my experience with members of my family.. Pot is a potent drug and is not harmless.