Advice needed!!

Old 12-11-2022, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice needed!!

Well it’s been 4 weeks since I told my AH (crack) to leave. We are in the process of selling the house and dividing the assets. I clung on to the thought that we may be able to make it work but now am realizing the damage has been done. He’s been sleeping in random hotels and apartments and told me he met someone and is sleeping with her. She’s 22. We are both 37. Real nice! Honestly it’s been a nightmare dealing with him, his emotional abuse and blame is killing me. I know I need to put boundaries in place. I think he’s still using but can’t be too sure.

can someone give some advice on child custody? We have a 17 and 5 years old.
Old 12-11-2022, 09:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

My advice is to speak with an attorney. Laws differ depending on the state, so a family law attorney would be able to guide you and explain your rights. I'm sorry you are going through this.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that Metcalfe.

A few suggestions. You may want to put in the custody agreement that he is not to have unsupervised visitation. I assume you have some documentation of his drug abuse. Plus he has no home, so that works in your favour there too.

You may also want to require random drug testing before visitation.

I very much agree that you need an attorney, in particular if you can find one that has some experience in divorce/separation/custody, where addiction is involved. You could call your law society or even you domestic violence center, they would probably know of lawyers that deal with this type of situation.

Please let us know how you get on.