Am I in the wrong?

Old 11-18-2022, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I in the wrong?

So I want peoples advice on something I’m really struggling to figure out if I’m in the wrong or not. My boyfriend is a drug addict, meth heroin, fentanyl, pills all that stuff. He got arrested a couple months ago was in jail for a few weeks, and went to rehab for the second time. He’s getting out soon is very ambitious, motivated about recovery he’s an amazing boyfriend has always been great to me even when he was in the worst of addiction. He never wanted to expose me to that stuff I’ve never even seen him use. I take adderall im not prescribed it but I buy it from time to time, Anyways we were talking on the phone, he asked me about that and I told him and he got very mad told me it was bad for his recovery and will trigger him. I know people can get addicted to adderall and go on to bigger but I’ve never been interested in that, I’ve never used hard drugs in my life. I know how fragile peoples minds can be while trying to be in recovery and how especially your partner can effect you but it makes me mad in a way that he equates heroin and adderall and acts like I’m a bad person for taking that stuff. I almost feel mad to that because of his addiction I have to change my life and my behavior because he can’t control himself. I really don’t know if I’m in the wrong for thinking this way I want to support him 1000% and will stop if that’s what it’s necessary for him but is it my duty to do that?
Old 11-18-2022, 11:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I don't see it as wrong or right.

He has asked you to give up adderall. You get to choose whether you do that or not, not him. That's true of all things, he is not your master.

Now if he decides he can't be with someone who is using drugs, well that's up to him. If you decide you don't want to be with someone you have to change for, that's up to you.

So neither wrong or right. You both have freewill and get to make your own choices.