Notices

Just venting

Old 10-13-2022, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just venting

Thinks I’m thankful for: being almost through day 2 again and not wanting to drink at all. No desire. My comfy bed. The walk I went on by the beach today. My work picking up again. My perfect cat that has been with me for almost 18 years. This forum……… Things I’m struggling with: this cold /cough have had for 8 days. My alcoholic ex husband calling me to tell me he made a huge mistake by leaving me 2 years ago (drunk and on drugs). I thought it was an amends. But turns out he’s still getting hammered … and has a live in girlfriend….. I feel terrible for her. If I were her I would be livid by all the things he said to me… not my side of the street as they say but made me feel gross. Thank you all again for everything
Old 10-14-2022, 06:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

AJ, there is a nice group for venting/whining. Very supportive people. And sorry you have to go through this.

Whiners Anonymous Part 324- 'Be Kind, Re-Whine' - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 10-14-2022, 07:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

AJ, getting and staying sober is some tuff stuff sometimes. I want to encourage you to stay on the sober path. SR members and mods are here for you. Keep posting as part of your recovery action plan.
Old 10-14-2022, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Vent away! Congrats on day 3!
Old 10-15-2022, 06:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AJ, like Zencat, I would like to encourage you to stay on the sober path. It can be difficult. There will be bumps in the road (old habits and old relationships), but they get smoother each time you deal with them without picking up, and it will be most wonderful journey of your life.

SR is different. People are naturally drawn to failure and seem to dwell in it, trying to pull you in with them. People here on SR are motivated by success and we just want to see you succeed in all aspects of life, especially the part of leaving alcohol in the dust.

You can do it! You will do it!
Old 10-15-2022, 03:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cityboy View Post
AJ, like Zencat, I would like to encourage you to stay on the sober path. It can be difficult. There will be bumps in the road (old habits and old relationships), but they get smoother each time you deal with them without picking up, and it will be most wonderful journey of your life.

SR is different. People are naturally drawn to failure and seem to dwell in it, trying to pull you in with them. People here on SR are motivated by success and we just want to see you succeed in all aspects of life, especially the part of leaving alcohol in the dust.

You can do it! You will do it!
thank you through day 4.
Old 10-15-2022, 05:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

AJ day 4! I love it!

If you need some recovery tools https://www.smartrecovery.org/smart-recovery-toolbox/