I Love You Guys and Gals!

Old 07-14-2022, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I Love You Guys and Gals!

Hey everyone -

I know that 99.9% of people on forums are hurt, angry, confused - all of the above; and looking for answers. I know I have been and still struggle with questions and feelings related to a marriage to an addict. As such most of our threads tend to be more negative/sad than positive.

Well I just wanted to take a moment to thank each and every one of you. From the people that have commented, to those that have gone above and beyond to share their storied and even check back in with me on threads.

Self care is paramount and I can honestly say that out of everything Ive done, this forum and the members herein: have been my biggest ray of light. You guys have no idea how much you have helped me feel less alone, not crazy and finally have some peace and direction.

I really appreciate you all.

You all hold a special place in my heart for the kindness and compassion you put forth to a stranger.

Much love.
Jason

Old 07-14-2022, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

yes yes yes!!! Same. I came here a little while back and this forum has never failed to help me, educate me, give me strength and be a dear friend. I am well on my way to finding happiness again and I have no idea how I would have been able to do that without all of you on here. I don't post as often anymore but I read almost everyday. I am so thankful and appreciative for each and everyone of you. No words can give the righteousness to what this forum has meant for me. <3 <3 <3
Old 07-14-2022, 02:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How lovely to read that. Thank you so much.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I’ve always found so much caring and humor on SR in spite of everything that brings us all here!
Old 07-15-2022, 10:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was all of the above for almost 5 years before I found my way here and what was suggested. I'm super hard headed(and a raging codie) and no matter how combative I was it was always met with kindness and patience. I always always refer people the forums when they indicate they are struggling with addiction or struggling in a relationship with an addict. I hope sharing my experiences so far on this journey helps others.