Notices

Old 03-25-2022, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I’ve been 7weeks sober and on a whim I’ve got pissed I don’t know where I am right now I don’t even feel bad about it!!!! WTF!!! Can I get back? I feel so stupid.
Old 03-25-2022, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You'll feel bad about it tomorrow. You're not stupid, it's part of the process many of us have gone through. Start again - day 1 tomorrow!
Old 03-25-2022, 06:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone can get back Smegasaur
My advice is to dump the rest, drink some water and get your head down for some kip.

D
Old 03-25-2022, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You can get back to safety Smegasaur. Don't feel stupid. We've all been in your shoes. I have been in your shoes more times than I care to admit.

But first things first stop drinking and try to figure out where you are. DON'T GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF A CAR.

And keep your opinions/observations/comments/criticisms to yourself until you get home, get cleaned up, get warm and get to bed.

Then tomorrow we'll help you get this thing figured out.

I hope you are safe. Ask someone for help. Can you call a friend or a family member to come reel you in?
Old 03-25-2022, 11:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

^^^^^ what Surrendered said, Smeg.

Figure where you are, get home, get safe, get warm.

I remember too, Smeg

Old 03-26-2022, 03:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A sober life is entirely possible 🙏
Old 03-26-2022, 03:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are still trying to break the addiction cycle, and we all went through it. I don't fault you for feeling stupid. Feeling stupid was one of the conflicts inside me when I drank and a motivator to fix the problem once and for all. You suffered a set back and reset to zero after a brief attempt to succeed. You can cross the bridge eventually and still recover if you want. Yeah, it seems hard until it finally happens, but when it happens, it's not hard anymore. You will be a different person, not completely different. You can still retain your best parts, but you will be leaving a big load of wreckage, including incidents like this last one, behind.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think when we fail, it's a time to recognize the strength of our commitment. For me it resulted in adding to my original commitment the "sobriety forever" tweak. Periods of three days or a week or a year were obviously not going to work for me. This required more planning on strategies to avoid giving in, recognizing the triggers and planning different responses to them, and better yet, avoiding them.
Old 03-26-2022, 04:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How are things today Smegasaur?? I hope you are in once piece this morning. Write down how you are feeling.
Old 03-26-2022, 05:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Blimey, Smeg, you’re being incredibly harsh on yourself. Think of it as a blip, but think long and hard what led up to you drinking. It’ll happen again if you’re not ready. Don’t feel too bad and enjoy a sober weekend.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Smeg - the last time I did that it really was the last time. I had the proof I needed that once I allowed it to be in my system, very bad & unpredictable things would happen.
So my last attempt at being a social drinker taught me something valuable that has always stayed with me. I can't touch the stuff.
Yes, you can return to sobriety and continue to heal. We are with you.
Old 03-26-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hope things are better today! Don't feel bad. I was once staying at a hotel and lost my suv. I had NO idea where it was. I walked around for at least an hour. Finally found it at another hotel but didn't have the keys. I went in to the hotel and they had the keys. Once I got in to it there was a vodka bottle. On the way home I bought another bottle. How stupid is that? I understand where you are at and it stinks.
Old 03-26-2022, 01:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hope you're safe Smegasaur.

Ya, I've relapsed many times and I know how bad it sucks. Like a bunch of others here have said already, don't beat yourself up man. It happens. The best outcome is if we learn from the experience and move forward with that knowledge to guide us. You can do this and you will.
Old 03-27-2022, 07:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Check in when you find quarter Smeg.
Old 03-27-2022, 02:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm thinking of you too, Smeg. We're here to help.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Samantha

Feel for you! I have been there many times. When you sober up you'll feel bad. You'll know where you went wrong. Hope you're okay.