Notices

Suboxone Recovery

Old 12-14-2004, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Suboxone Recovery

Hi all! Hope everyone is doing well on their road to recovery! Last week I started a new approach at this whole thing. I was addicted to oxycontin and had just started to do heroin every once in awhile. I thought long and hard about everything and caught myself before I began another addiction. Today is one week sober for me. Well, I guess I cant say sober because I have started a suboxone treatment so technically I am still taking something everyday. My doctor put me on suboxone and so far it has worked miracles. I havent experienced the withdrawls at all and I feel as though I've been sober for over a year because of the mindset I have. I do not even think about doing drugs like I used to. Everyday it crossed my mind at least 100 times but now I can honestly say there are days that go by when it doesnt cross my mind at all! After one week of taking the suboxone twice a day I am now going to start taking it only once a day and then every other day so that by my 30 day mark I will be completely off of it. I have already gone a day or two without taking it at all and felt great but I know my doctor said not to abruptly stop taking the med. If anyone has any comments about suboxone I would like to hear them because I really had never even heard of it before last week so I would like some input. Thanks to everyone. -star-
Old 12-14-2004, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
an addict named Mike

If it works, work it!! I know several people who are/have been on suboxone and they all sware by it. I hope you continue towards the path of recovery and I pray that you don't make the mistake of thinking that you don't need a program because you feel so good right now. Thats just tempory, when the drugs are really gone and life shows up it would be wise to have a support group/program in action. Love & Respect, Mike
Old 12-20-2004, 04:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
..as the smoke clears...

Good for you!!! A week is a long time for any addict!, but you sound like you're doing just fine..that's awesome!!
I was really interested in suboxone (cause at the moment i'm on methadone) but i found out that they don't have it here in Canada, it illegal or something....my doctor said hopefully it will be around in the summer of next year. Can't wait to try it, if it works as good as you say!!
I'm glad to see you're staying positive! That really helps with recovery. Keep us posted on how you're doing!!
Lotsa Love,
T