Update on us...

Old 12-24-2021, 08:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on us...

I am a long standing member here. Some of you will know me and some won't. I left the forums n I can't really say why. I can't even remember the last time I posted but I have a slew of threads about my relationship with my alcoholic husband.

We had good and bad times. We went through a horrific motorcycle accident that literally changed everything. He honestly died that day even though he survived that. I accepted the new him. He went through stages of active alcoholism and he was sober for 2 years.

My husband passed away on 12/15/21 due to complications from covid. I just want everyone who remembers me to know I stood by him. I never divorced him and I loved him so much. I accepted him for who he was even if he laid the weight of the world on top of me, which he did.

I have learned so much from being with an alcoholic. He was my first and he will be the last one I ever involve myself with. It will NEVER happen again! I just wanted to let you all know that he passed away, unfortunately alone and that hurts me deeply because I loved him so much through this tornadic marriage. Loyalty is a SOB!
Old 12-24-2021, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Boxin.......I absolutely do remember you and your story! I am sad to hear of your husband's passing.
I remember that you did go through so much. I remember your grandaughter, also.....lol. And---your dogs.

I imagine that you will, naturally, be grieving, for a whila....as he was such a big part of your life. Please come hang out here, as you may feel the need to.
I am sure that you are going to find some more "old friends", here..
Old 12-24-2021, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will stop in. I have learned so much from my experiences with him and detaching with love. It got so hard the last few years. I lost my dad on my Wedding Anniversary in 2019. We lost everything we owned in a house fire on May 27th 2020. I lost my mom in Oct 2020 and now him. He gave up his sobriety the day we moved into our new home after the fire. Its been difficult at best. I have learned so much that no one but Jim could have ever taught me. I'll certainly be taking my life lessons with me through the rest of my life.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Box.....wow...that is a ;lot of loss in a short period of time. It is bound to have hit hard. As we get older, it seems that we do lose more people who are close to usI do believe that you are tough and strong as a hickory stick1
Old 12-24-2021, 09:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I remember you very well. You've had more than your share of misfortune. I hope the new year brings you good fortune and happiness.
Old 12-24-2021, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a really trying time you have been having Rotz and I'm sorry to hear about your Husband.

I hope you will take some time to look out for yourself and take care of yourself, you deserve a bit of a break!

Old 12-24-2021, 10:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Box, it's a holiday gift to see you here again, though I am so terribly sorry for the stretch of challenges you've had. We're here for whatever you need. Sending love and strength.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Box I am so glad to see you again—I have thought of you often.

Nobody could have been truer or more loving to a spouse than you—may he Rest In Peace.

Do you still have your big dog who was such a comfort to you before?
Old 12-24-2021, 11:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Roxie honey.....hello s
I have been thinking of you a lot.... ❤️💚

I am so very sorry darling ~ may your beautiful man rest in peace.
My heart is breaking for you.

Sending all the love. s
Old 12-24-2021, 01:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Box I am so glad to see you again—I have thought of you often.

Nobody could have been truer or more loving to a spouse than you—may he Rest In Peace.

Do you still have your big dog who was such a comfort to you before?
Boo my rottweiler passed away in 2018. Mama Ava also passed away. I still have JJ our boxer who Jim loved so very much. I now have Kujo who is an 11 year old rottweiler I rescued after his Daddy passed away. I have Cecil a 2 1/2 year old German Shepherd who is now the love of my life n comforting me through this and I have my Mom's dog Keely who is like 9 years old n is a wired haired Fox terrier and a cat. So I've got my hands full with 4 dogs n a kitty.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I was loyal til the end. It was not easy but he needed me. His mental status was declining with dementia and he never stayed sober throughout. He had just quit drinking on 11/11/21 and caught covid end of November. He suffered terribly the last week n I couldn't even be there for him n that breaks my heart. I was there for everything else. I'm bitter about it.
Old 12-24-2021, 01:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

❤️
Old 12-24-2021, 03:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am going to spend the next year recovering from everything and I'm not even sure I'll recover in that year. Jim has taught me things that will make me more aware in the future if another man tries to walk into my life. Honestly I have no control over who I will meet. I am not interested in ever having another relationship but no one ever truly knows what fate has in store for us. I can say this for sure... if anyone does try, if they have a previous issue with drugs or alcohol, they're done before they even get started. I'm fine with just me, myself and I. I want to find myself. I want to be independent and live for myself. I have been through hell trying to take care of him. As I said before... loyalty is a SOB.