Still on the Merry-Go-Round

Old 12-22-2021, 04:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still on the Merry-Go-Round

It's been so long since I poked my head in here. My husband is still drinking. Almost 10 years into our marriage, the pattern lately is bender for 1 month, sober for 1 month. I am NC with my in-laws. For my sanity, I just cannot deal with them. Every time he gets drunk and goes on a bender, he heads over to their house where he is given the upstairs to just drink..sometimes for days or a week. FIL takes care of business for my husband. I assume MIL cooks for him and gives him clean clothes, bc husband always wants to leave without packing a bag for some reason.

I continue to read literature about alcoholism and I've become much stronger in my faith, which has really helped me. Anyways, I googled "enabling inlaw parents" and the SR website came up and I was like "hey! I remember that website!"

Happy holidays, everyone. Some of us are just hanging in there, and that's okay, too.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not a fun ride to be on.. I’m unfortunately on that that same ride. Don’t have the issue with the in laws but coming up on our 10 year anniversary (wedding) as well. Here’s to both of us getting off the merry-go-round.
Old 12-23-2021, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 12-24-2021, 12:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trailmix I love this
Old 12-26-2021, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LovelyKaya33333 View Post
Trailmix I love this
Me too, Trailmix!!!!!
Welcome back, Sushi. So glad you are hanging in there with your boundaries. Among my friends, this year has been particularly bad about crazy in-laws.
I started back to AlAnon again. I saw signs that I had become a rescuer again, hence the need to continue working my program.