Long term damage

Old 12-15-2021, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long term damage

Hi everyone, just wanted to post here about some things I have been thinking about, mainly around the long term damage my ex has done to me. It will heal but there are certain things which unfortunately never leave me.

1) I know so much about alcoholism and family disease nature of it now, I can write a thesis on it. Being armed with that knowledge was what lead to me leaving him but honestly, I am a bit annoyed I uave brainspace for all of this.

2) I can't just have "fun" around alcohol anymore. With my known friends, sure because I know them already but thinking ahead to dating, am I going to be easily triggered? Maybe it is a good thing now I know what to look out for.

3) Lost connections from focusing alot of time on him. It isn't easy making new friends as you get older. I can argue those connections were not all that if I already lost them but still.

4) The impact on my mental health. I have somewhat accepted that my mental health will never really be quite the same again. I can manage it better and hell I have not needed therapy/ time off/ medication in over a year but it will be there lingering.

Sigh. Whilst for the most part I really am okay, reading my old threads tonight makes me want to shake the girl who posted here in 2019.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, the saying is so true ... alcoholics / addicts take hostages.
I pray for you to get FREE.