Check-in thread

Old 12-14-2021, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

Arrow Check-in thread

1. Are you new?

2. How are you doing today, anything new going on?
Old 12-15-2021, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

1) nope but post infrequently

2) I am 2.5 months out of contact with the AXBF. Whilst I had a bit of a wobble a few days ago (was I too distant, if I was less distant maybe it would have worked out, I'm going to be alone forever...you know the usual codependent crap), just going out and meeting a new friend I made really helped. I think I need to go back to journalling for sure to help process things but overall doing pretty okay I must say. Yesterday I honestly felt I earnestly did not miss him. I'm sure it will come in waves now and again but genuinely I am more and more aware that I miss the idea of him and not what he actually was in the end.
Old 12-15-2021, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sage

Nike, thank you for this!

1. 6 months so still newish

2. Honestly I'm still taking one day at a time. There are days I want to use, there are days I have my codie hat on, and there are days that I feel I'm blessed from sunrise to sunset, and those are not mutually exclusive. I spend time in prayer, reading, and listening to lectures -- I still have challenges. I'm hoping that I'm learning and growing and treating others well. My biggest challenges have been in communicating with my somewhat estranged codependent FOO, parenting the 3 teens still at home, and rebuilding my life with a new circle of friends.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

1. No, I posted a few months ago and I just put an update up today.

2. I'm...OK. Had a bit of a setback this weekend, and I'm seeking some advice on the update I posted today, but at this moment I'm alright.