Notices

new member queries

Old 10-29-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile new member queries

Hi All
Hope you are all good this evening. I am new to the site and finding it difficult to navigate around it. Not sure where to start or what thread to go into. Anyone else have this problem. I am sure I will get the hang of it after awhile. There just seems to be so much information. Also there is usually a number of people in chat but I dont see how to engage with anyone there ?? help !!! Leil

Old 10-29-2021, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you are on cell phone, switch to desk top mode. Much easier to see.

Search for October 2021 class in search bar to join. Joining means reading and posting when you are comfortable.

so glad you are here.

hoping someone else will pop on and provide direct links.
Old 10-29-2021, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you found us. You've started in a good place, the Newcomers Forum, which is quite active and supportive.

The thread following is a place where new members who joined this month hang out, but of course you are welcome to post anywhere and join any threads:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

Old 10-30-2021, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Leil. I had exactly same thoughts when I joined. It will be easier when I get a laptop because it's too small on my phone. I don't know how to figure the chat function out so I just don't use it. I just use the Newcomers forum at the moment. U4S 🇬🇧
Old 10-30-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

In all my years on this site, I don't think I've ever logged on using my cell phone, the screen is just too small. I've used an iPad, but it's really better with a laptop of desktop.

Old 10-30-2021, 12:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

This place continues to save my life.

I am a chromebook ninja. I have 2 x refurb (one at work, one downstairs) and a super top of the line 2in1 for the man cave.

The top of the line is basically and 15.6 inch Android phone.

Love them for anything web related.

Welcome.

We work for you!

Thanks.
Old 10-30-2021, 01:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for thoughts comments and suggestions. I have a big awkward HP Laptop which when I bought it I thought it was the best thing ever !! I think its time to upgrade and I agree with some the phone is too small. Anyway great to have found this website. A friend suggested it to me. Have a nice evening ✨✨✨
Old 10-31-2021, 05:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

welcome leil x
I normaly join each sober month which is here in this part of the forum under october, but that will be changing tomo for nov , i find really helpfull and as anywhere around this place is packed with some great people and understanding x You could even start a thread like you have here if u got other questions or looking for support. it may feel overwhelming if u havent had experience with a forum before, so take it slowely x on the chat? im not sure who uses it, hope that helps some x