Message from XAH's cousin

Old 06-25-2021, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Message from XAH's cousin

During the course of my custody case, battle lines were drawn. My XAH embarked on a massive smear campaign, painting me to be an evil villain who was trying to tear a loving, responsible father from his kids. He solicited letters of recommendation from friends, family and even acquaintances, all of whom vouched for his character and tried to destroy mine. I haven't talked to any of them since then.

Today I got a friend request from his cousin, and it almost made my heart stop. My first thought was, "What does she want? Is she trying to get dirt on me? Maybe he's taking me back to court again." But not wanting to be rude, I accepted it.
I then got a DM from her. She told me that "despite what we've been told by ____" (and good grief, I shudder to think) "we all know ____ and his issues, and I just wanted to tell you we know you did the right thing for your boys, and you're a great mom."

I cried! It's been so amazing having people come forward to tell me this. My XAH is so charismatic, and he had so many people fooled for so long. This is the man that told me, "If you take me to court, I'll win. Everybody loves me and they hate you". And he was right, at least in the beginning. He had our first mediator and judge wrapped around his finger. But the truth came out eventually.

If any of you are in a similar position, please know- the truth will always come out! Narcissists can't keep their facades up forever. Eventually the mask will slip. Have hope and do what's best for you and your babies, always!
Much love to all of you.
Old 06-25-2021, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So gratifying to read HeChoseDrugs.

Congratulations. It must have made your day.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think judges and mediators, the good ones at least, have an ability to "see through" the facade when a spouse attacks the other spouse. They know the reality of addiction, that alone is enough to grant custody to the non-addicted parent. It's probably not as easy as all that but I too believe that the truth will set you free.

Congratulations and hugs to you and your kids.