Back to day 4!!

Old 12-10-2004, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back to day 4!!

I didn't know whether to put this up here. D drank on our weekend away. I watched his social ease, him making friends, being so popular. He stopped as he said he would on the last day, I watched him stop talking to all the same people, or at least anything more than 'mmm' and a smile. It hurts and I do feel a bit raw about it.

I'm not angry with him, we are back to day 4. Agreeing and understanding are different things - I do understand why he had a drink. I refuse to think it's a massive issue, largely because there's no point, it's today and tomorrow that matter and he's not suggesting alcohol. I've said it might be good to practice some going out without drink.

I'd have felt like I was lying by default if I didn't write this but I really don't want lots of horror stories, please don't have a go at him, he is trying and at the moment not drinking.
Old 12-10-2004, 07:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if at first you don't succeed.......we're not here to beat you or him to death - today is a new day and hopefully you are both back on track with your recovery.

hugs - cwohio
Old 12-10-2004, 08:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I wasn't trying to judge people here I just thought it was only fair to say first that I do feel a bit sensitive about it.

I'm playing a mantra inside my head 'He's come so far, he's done so much aready, don't panic, enjoy him stopping again as he said he would'.

He asked before he drank - if I'd said 'no' I don't think he would have drank but I left it as his decision. To be honest I didn't want the responsibilty, I know the stakes are high but I did understand, I had mixed feelings too.

We missed our flight and had 12 hours stuck in the airport but we were going to see a very special friend who I haven't seen for nearly a year. I wanted to go so much, maybe if I could have just gone home when we missed the plane, it was asking too much.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Binge poster

Hey
I'm sorry you had a bad time.
You're right, though, just enjoy that he's trying again.

Some responses I see here are so full of pain and anger and sometimes it's misdirected. None of us want to beat you or your A up for a slip. The world would be such a boring place if we were all perfect.
I hope tomorrow's better for you
Have a good weekend
Jane
xxx
Old 12-10-2004, 08:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. I flaming wish Xmas wasn't coming up!! Barhumbug - maybe I'll make this a wallow thread until it revolts me so much I cheer myself up - EEEEP!! I'm already feeling queasy, hometime soon to a big hug and a not flying anywhere weekend!!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hey Eq,

Rome wasn't built in a day. God took 6 days to create the world., etc.

You and your husband are in my prayers. Chin up, have faith and lean on us for support at any time.

Huggers, Kathy