Notices

BABM, are you there?

Old 01-09-2021, 06:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

BABM, are you there?

Just wondering how you are doing?
How is the new house? How is your cat? What are you doing this evening? I am sure there is a lot of unpacking to do. Seen any good movies lately?

I am going to read for a bit, drink some tea and watch a series on Netflix. I keep falling asleep during the same episode. Not helpful. I haven't made it anywhere on this series for a few nights now

Anyone else want to chime in?
Old 01-09-2021, 08:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep.

Are you having trouble stopping again BABM?

Do you want to stop?

Old 01-09-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always look for your posts man. I hope you check in again soon BABM.

D
Old 01-09-2021, 11:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. And Mizz, you just warmed up my heart. Thanks so much for thinking of me.

I can report that I am sober and have been for 6.22 days (but who is counting?). I have been keeping busy. I’ve started back on an old anti-depressant, I’ve been speaking to drunks daily and I’ll return to my online home group zoom meeting tomorrow.

Cats are good, house is getting there. Me? A work in progress. lots of fear about tiny future. I will say though that since moving I’ve been spending a lot more time with others and not been so isolated. That’s nice. I’ve been focusing on making the house a home for the kids, getting their rooms done up really nice with the proceeds from the sale of my last house.

I don’t want to be an alcoholic, but I am. I have been talking a lot to my old sponsor who is going through a really rough time now and we are really there for each other if for nothing else than to wallow in our own and each other’s misery.

Love you all, and I mean it.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

So great to read BABM. I'm so very happy to see you back.
Old 01-10-2021, 01:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great to hear that update BABM.

D
Old 01-10-2021, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It is great you are back and sober BABM. You really help people on SR. I hope each day gets easier and that your furry friends and kids are well.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

right on, BABM!!!

Keep it up!
Old 01-10-2021, 06:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awesome News!
It sounds like you are taking all the right steps for your life. Good to hear about the rooms for your children. Reading that warmed my heart. I hope that you will find some time to spend it here with all of us once you get settled. Keep moving forward! Im so happy for you, BABM!
Old 01-10-2021, 07:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

BABM, I'm glad that you checked in and you're doing well. It's so nice to hear that you're fixing up rooms for your kids in your new home.
Old 01-10-2021, 09:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
nez

Thanks for the update BABM.

I didn't stand up on career day in 6th grade and say "I want to be an alcoholic"; but what I do with the information that "I am an alcoholic" makes all the difference in the world.

Accepting that I was an alcoholic was the gateway for becoming the person I always wanted to be. I don't think that I would have ever found the courage to go through the gateway if I hadn't been a desperate alcoholic.

I am an alcoholic. I am a male. I am 6'1". I am 68 years old. I might as well make peace with those facts...especially since the first two aren't going to change.

Old 01-10-2021, 10:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Relieved to hear from you, BABM. We're always going to care.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Glad you got back on the wagon BABM!
Old 01-12-2021, 09:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
Glad you got back on the wagon BABM!
Thanks Maxie D. It’s been a while buddy. Hope it’s well.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you BABM.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Bumping this up to check on BaBM. You haven’t posted in a few days although it looks like you’ve been active. I hope everything is okay .
Old 01-25-2021, 11:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Bumping this up to check on BaBM. You haven’t posted in a few days although it looks like you’ve been active. I hope everything is okay .
Hey Gypsy. My new life is keeping me really busy which is great. I recently moved back to my home town so I have my kids again half time which has been even better than I expected in that it hasn’t been really much work. I like making their lunches and helping with homework, picking them up and dropping them off, going to practice, making (awful) dinners and tucking them in and all that goes with it. It has filled my soul. Last time I tried to be a half-time dad I was in my addiction. They were also a lot younger, so it was harder. They didn’t have to see much of my drinking, but when they were at mom’s it was a mess. I’m also fixing up the house I bought and spending time with old and new friends. Doing it all sober too.

Not getting to as many meetings as I would like but some of the other things I do really help. I now live near my old gym so you can find me masked up sweating and breathing hard a couple times a week. Also found a nice river bottom to run my dogs in.

I’m so much happier near my children. My loneliness is basically gone. I feel whole.

I still have cravings and still romance the drink now and again, but it hasn’t had the power it had in the past.

I have been logging in still and reading a little. So many great people here . I will never stray far from SR, even if I’m not posting.

Love to you all, and strength and wisdom to those who need it.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:30 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

That's awesome to hear, @BeABetterMan! The addiction you're leaving behind is nothing compared to getting your family (ie kids) back!
Old 01-26-2021, 05:14 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you, BABM!
It sounds like you have good structure and you are making the best of it all. I love the fact that your children are with you. The whole description sounds wholesome. Everyone is being taken care of and you are taking care of yourself in all the right ways.. You are the one doing it! Keep on Keeping on!

Warms my heart.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:51 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mizz View Post
i am so happy for you, babm!
It sounds like you have good structure and you are making the best of it all. I love the fact that your children are with you. The whole description sounds wholesome. Everyone is being taken care of and you are taking care of yourself in all the right ways.. You are the one doing it! Keep on keeping on!

Warms my heart.
❤️❤️❤️