Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

A MUST READ, Someone here sent this to me & it inspired me that I need to share w/you

Notices

A MUST READ, Someone here sent this to me & it inspired me that I need to share w/you

Old 12-06-2004, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This is a true story someone wrote me today because I asked for inspiraton and I am so much better for reading it and I want to share it with all of you. now I feel there is hope. I hope you find what I found in this. The man who wrote this is proof that miracles can happen.

What I lost?

I lost me and my future. My drinking led me to being destitute. I was living in a trash dumpster, eating whatever I could find in the trash. I had no friends, no money, no nothing and no hope of ever getting any. It's proof of the existence of my HP that I even survived that experience.

My greatest acomplishment?

My family. After 3 yrs clean and sober I married a wonderful, delightful girl and we lived a blisful life in sobriety. I used to tell her we were living in the happily ever after part of a fairy tale. When we met she had a 16yr. old daughter from a previous husband. This other guy was brutally abusive and terrorized them both. I did my best for my wife and her child, and 15yrs into our marriage I was rewarded when my step-daughter introduced me to her friends as her "daddy", and my wife said I was the most wonderful husband she could ever dream of.

But that's not _my_ accomplishment. All I did was work the steps and reach out to others. It's my HP that saw fit to entrust me with my precious wife and her daughter to look after. It's my HP that has kept me sane and sober all these years so that I could enjoy the wonders of this life.

I hope that people who are starting out like me realize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Serenity Plus Plan

Thank you Debby for such a wonderful post! It really made my day.

Richard
Old 12-06-2004, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ama

Debbie - Thank you for the story of hope.......these help us all strive for our much sought sobriety and recovery towards the promises that lie ahead if we adhere to the steps etc.....Luvs Ama
Old 12-06-2004, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was so inspiring to me. It gives me the hope and faith that not only I, but others will be blessed with such happiness along the way. All we need to do is stick with the program, work the steps the best we can and be more then open and willing to all suggestions. I know it is slowly working for me. There is more communication and less arguing and fighting between my H and I and my children are more at ease around us. If you stick around for a while everything comes out in the light.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

aLCOHOL, LEADS US TO LIE IN THE GUTTER BLEEDING AND BELIEVING WE'RE OK. kEEP GOING TO MEETINGS LISTEN TO HOW IT WORKS, LISTEN TO MORE ABOUT ALCOHOLISM.
nOTHING CHANGES EXCEPT FOR THE NAME OF IT'S VICITMS