Ex addict partner

Old 11-13-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ex addict partner

Hi everyone. It’s been a while since I posted, February I think. My ex went to rehab but left after a week.
I moved back to my home city 4 months ago away from all the drama. It’s been a great move so positive and I’m still doing my degree and raising our 3 year old son.
I’m feeling so deflated and depressed just now. He has never been in touch to see his son and missed his birthday.
His brother messaged me asking how I was getting on and said that my ex was looking great and doing well etc and seemed surprised that I hadn’t heard from him.
I don’t know why im feeling so flat about it. I’m so upset for my son as I know he is better off without my ex’s constant relapsing etc.
why would anyone not be interested in how their own child was after all these months? No financial contribution or anything. He always appeared to be before in spite of his addiction.
I wonder if it is because he knows it’s over between permanently now that he is just lumps his son in with that. He has 2 older children he’s sees regularly at his mums house, their mum isn’t too bothered about his addiction or whether he’s wasted round the kids or not whereas for me it’s a definite no.
I feel so proud of myself for freeing us of his life, I look back on my previous posts here and it’s so sad to see how much abuse I put up with.
I have no feelings for him other than the longing for the good times which of course are long gone.
Sorry for the essay but just needed to get it out
Old 11-18-2020, 05:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Even a bad marriage is hard to get over, but I promise you the pain doesn't last forever.

My son was neglectful of his son, he loved him but drugs always got in the way. Your ex's addiction may keep him away unless he finds a better path. It's nothing to do with you or your child, it's just how addiction works.

Congratulations on taking good care of yourself and your child. Good luck on your studies.