Notices

Three Weeks

Old 10-07-2020, 11:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three Weeks

This time three weeks ago I was drinking hand sanitizer on Antabuse and everyone on SR was saying I needed rehab.

Well, I've made it three weeks. I just keep reaffirming my big plan whenever I get tempted. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind.

Not that life is all rosy. I'm still not registered for college even though classes began two and a half weeks ago. I had a siezure and I'm in hospital. Though getting out today. The funny thing is the doctor thinks the siezure was caused by drinking too much..
water! It caused my sodium levels to drop which may have caused the siezure.

The whole not being registered thing is causing me a lot of stress. But not gonna drink over it. My mental health is general is fairly bad but I'm seeing a counselor on Monday so I'll discuss there.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

FF,

Great on three weeks.

Sorry about the seizures and to hear that the registration has still not come through.

On the registration, I do not know you so take this with a large grain of salt, but are you doing everything possible to get registered. I ask, because at your age, I would not. I would do what I could figure out but I would get frustrated or overwhelmed or pissed off and stop.

This is typical addict behaviour. We don't like dis-ease so we avoid it. We throw up our hands to avoid the discomfort.

Why don't you really lean in and make it your life's mission to get registered. think outside the box.

And if it does not work that is OK too. Next semester will come, life is long.

But don't drink over it.

Thinking of you

Old 10-08-2020, 12:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dropsie View Post
FF,

Great on three weeks.

Sorry about the seizures and to hear that the registration has still not come through.

On the registration, I do not know you so take this with a large grain of salt, but are you doing everything possible to get registered. I ask, because at your age, I would not. I would do what I could figure out but I would get frustrated or overwhelmed or pissed off and stop.

This is typical addict behaviour. We don't like dis-ease so we avoid it. We throw up our hands to avoid the discomfort.

Why don't you really lean in and make it your life's mission to get registered. think outside the box.

And if it does not work that is OK too. Next semester will come, life is long.

But don't drink over it.

Thinking of you
Nobody can register until they receive an invitation to register from the registration office. They emailed me on Monday and said it'd arrive in a day or two. So all I can do is wait.
Old 10-08-2020, 12:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 weeks.
I presume they mean snail mail?

D
Old 10-08-2020, 12:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Not The Way way, Just the way

Counting time in AVRT

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
This time three weeks ago I was drinking hand sanitizer on Antabuse and everyone on SR was saying I needed rehab.

Well, I've made it three weeks. I just keep reaffirming my big plan whenever I get tempted. I will never drink again and I will never change my mind.
I'm in hospital. Though getting out today. The funny thing is the doctor thinks the siezure was caused by drinking too much..
water! It caused my sodium levels to drop which may have caused the siezure.
FF,

Since you have made the Big Plan of AVRT, you might be interested in knowing that in AVRT, counting time since your last drink is an Addictive Voice tactic, because if you’re never going to drink again, what does it matter how long ago you made that Plan? It’s over. It might be something others take notice of in you in their effort to regain being able to trust you; how long ago it was that they saw you drunk or in trouble from drinking.

I realized there was no good reason for me to remember when it was that I stopped a really bad habit that was harmful to me and others. Thinking about when it was I quit for good is now just an idle curiosity for me.

GT

PS. It sounds like you might need to make a Small Plan for water, good old H2O. Whatever the doctor says. I have to drink more than I’m normally inclined to, to prevent kidney stones.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 weeks freedomfries.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on 3 weeks.
I presume they mean snail mail?

D
Email. They emailed me saying they had received approval from my dept, now they have to set up my student record and then email an invitation to me. Hopefully I'll get it today.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 weeks FF.

Congratulations too, on acceptance to college.

I'm very proud of my 10 months. Nothing wrong with pride in achievement.
Old 10-08-2020, 04:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on 3 weeks.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done FF.....that is really, really good to hear!!
Old 10-08-2020, 06:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good job. Sounds like you're figuring stuff out.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:37 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three weeks sober!
Old 10-08-2020, 08:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Erica375

Three weeks is awesome! I hope you were able to get sprung from the hospital today.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good going, freedomfries! Three weeks is a great start! Try not to stress over school. You need to be healthy first, worry about school second. It's important but keep things in perspective. I quit college and went back 20 years later to get my degree! The absolute worst case you'd miss a semester which honestly could be a blessing in disguise. College is expensive, so make sure you're in a good place within yourself before you tackle it. Don't stress yourself out and give yourself an excuse to fall back into drinking.