Cyber Stalking

Old 10-02-2020, 01:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cyber Stalking

Anyone experienced a sort of "cyber stalking" after you set boundaries to an ex, drug addict ?
I have unfriend him from social networks, he still views my stuff etc, and before that he was spamming notifications like maniac. (that was the time i set boundaries, i told him to stop and unfriend him cause he called me and saying things that does not make any sense)
I had to leave because he was that kind of behavior that goes from love bombing to disappearing (cause of addiction) and i was getting sick.
I supported him for over a year and now everyone says he will be back even my therapist.
Why the hell is he watching me, he chose his drugs, i'm hurt but i don't bother him.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi,

People can become addicted to other people and to relationships. Perhaps drugs/alcohol isn't his only dependency.

How do you know that he's cyber-stalking you? Are you looking for evidence of him on the sites you frequent?

Old 10-02-2020, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You know, you can just ignore this, you have no control over this other person really. He can't hurt you unless you let him.

You mentioned that he called you, have you asked him not to and have you now blocked him on your phone? Perhaps blocking him there and from email etc is all you can do right now. No need to take his calls or his texts, you have asked him to leave you alone, that's all you need to do.

If it ever gets escalated (say he is showing up at your door or calling you 30 times a day from alternate numbers) you can report him to the police and they can advise you on whether you can apply for a restraining order.

Old 10-02-2020, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, is easy since every time he spams like 60 notifications to my social profiles and that's why i unfriended him because i tried to talk to him so many times that he does not make any sense. Since he leaves and then trying to get my attention for reunion, and then the same happens again and again. I tried to stay nutual to this and it just don't stop. Now that i have unfriend him still watching my stories, liked a post of me on a random page on fb. I know it's not that important but, i HAD to get out of this relationship because of drug addiction and it HURTS to see these things happening.
My therapist says that he has an addictive personality, it's not ONLY the drugs that causes this behavior..
I feel like **** even if i've tried for him. I gave him food, money, support, i respected him and I did not get anything in return and i don't know how the hell can you mistreat ppl around you and still you have no self control to "stay away" in one way or another.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

that's why i unfriended him because i tried to talk to him so many times that he does not make any sense.

I know it's hard but do not engage with him. Block his phone, if need be change your number, Stay off FB and don't read other's pages. Just take a giant step back and eventually he will get the message.

He does what he does because he is an addict, obsessed with getting what he wants, including you.

Like I said, do not engage, just hang up if he gets through without saying one word.

You CAN do it, and you will be better for having done it,

Hugs
Old 10-05-2020, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
that's why i unfriended him because i tried to talk to him so many times that he does not make any sense.

I know it's hard but do not engage with him. Block his phone, if need be change your number, Stay off FB and don't read other's pages. Just take a giant step back and eventually he will get the message.

He does what he does because he is an addict, obsessed with getting what he wants, including you.

Like I said, do not engage, just hang up if he gets through without saying one word.

You CAN do it, and you will be better for having done it,

Hugs
Thank you so much Ann, that is what i really need to hear!

Hugs <3 XX
Old 10-18-2020, 11:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Update:

He msg me on SKYPE! I haven't used skype for ages, lol. Then he calls me there but i did not answer.
At least i'm happy cause i did not panic, nc and therapy did work for me. I finally see him as an addict.
The man i fell in love is not the same man that msg me. It was his addiction.
I think he is so confused that prolly doesn't understand or remembers what he has done to me, or what happened.
There is nothing to analyse anymore.
He does not make any sense.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There is nothing to analyse anymore.
He does not make any sense.

There is a saying "Never try to reason with insanity" or something like that.

He may not make any sense, but YOU do. Keep doing the "do" things and you will be fine...actually, you already are.