Notices

a week off the poison - hungover girlfriend

Old 08-30-2020, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

a week off the poison - hungover girlfriend

been sober over a week now and I’m feeling better by the day. It’s amazing to wake up in the morning and not dread the day ahead. My other half was out with friends last night for drinks and there was a moment where I thought ‘oh a few beers in the house won’t hurt - why should I not get to enjoy myself too?!’ however it was a fleeting thought and I preoccupied myself by watching Netflix, cooking myself a big bowl of pasta, filling up on water & scrolling this forum to remind me of the hell I was going through after my last binge.

Partner came in obviously very drunk, was sick all over the toilet and passed out in bed. She’s woke up today and has been sick over 20 times and is clearly suffering so bad - can’t keep anything down and is visibly shaking. We were going to have plans today but it’s a write off. Alcohol is poison plain and simple. When you view it for what it really is it feels absurd to realise that we spend money to drink poison and make ourselves so ill. It’s ruined so many things for me and I’ve lost so many days being hungover or withdrawing. I’ve never been more grateful I stayed sober last night.

Gonna read this naked mind again. This time I’m going to change my perspective permanently.
Old 08-30-2020, 04:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whoops double post! Either my internet or the sites being really slow
Old 08-30-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Man, I just have to say that if you're serious about your sobriety, you may have to dump your girl.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow thank you for this reminder.

I am currently on holiday. I have 2 years2 and 4 months of sobriety and this is my 2nd sober holiday and its lovely where I am but I have a very challenging 8 year old and even on day 3 it's been pretty stressful at times and my ISM is there whispering you know what will take this away? NO! Alcohol is poison especially to an alcoholic. One drink and I cannot stop and I will be just like your girlfriend.

Well done on your week. It is amazing to be sober sometimes though I have to be reminded as this is the dis-ease of forgetting. Well done on staying sober and I hope your girlfriend feels better soon.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ImNotThatGuy View Post
Man, I just have to say that if you're serious about your sobriety, you may have to dump your girl.
nah I disagree. She rarely ever gets in that state and I’m pretty sure after today she won’t be doing it again for a good long while! if anything it’s a deterrent for me.
Old 08-30-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Wow thank you for this reminder.

I am currently on holiday. I have 2 years2 and 4 months of sobriety and this is my 2nd sober holiday and its lovely where I am but I have a very challenging 8 year old and even on day 3 it's been pretty stressful at times and my ISM is there whispering you know what will take this away? NO! Alcohol is poison especially to an alcoholic. One drink and I cannot stop and I will be just like your girlfriend.

Well done on your week. It is amazing to be sober sometimes though I have to be reminded as this is the dis-ease of forgetting. Well done on staying sober and I hope your girlfriend feels better soon.
Congrats on your sober time! Yeah those thoughts do come it’s learning to deal with them. Exactlyzz I might be able to limit/control my drinking for a while but then it always ends up in me going too far and being sick and regretful.

Alcohol is NEVER a good idea

Thankyou!

downloaded an app on my phone that’s useful for keeping track of the days :-)
Old 08-30-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi,

I can dig your perspective, and for me alcohol is also poison, but that's only because I don't drink one or two - I drink 15 or 20.