Notices

Not Aways God's Hand

Old 12-03-2004, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not Aways God's Hand

Lately I'm learning more about how my Higher Power ( I choose to call God) works. Today, I got up early to attend my VA Hospital meeting. The bus ride is long so I did some praying, to help me through the Holidays. Mentally I was reaching out my hand, I didn't feel anything like sometimes I do. I thanked him and read the paper. I got to the meeting, and this Veteran, Jim, that 18 months ago was in the VA program with me. We became close and then I stopped hearing from him. Turns out he started abusing some medication and got messed up and put out of a shelter. Anyway, soon as we saw each other, we shook hands and hugged( You'd never catch me hugging another man when I was drinking). Then all of a sudden, I felt that feeling when God reaches out. You see, sometimes God works in mysterious ways.
He knew the answer was to put another hand that also needed help through the Holidays. We had a great meeting and I gave him my number. Another mystery, he was getting out today and will be in a sober house not to far from me, that is in Billerica, where I had those 5 years in the eighties. I'm going to show him around to the different meetings, and I still have friends there I can introduce him to. I'll also introduce him to SR. He's really a nice guy that had gone over a year. Sadly,he wasn't talking to the right people and at the other shelter people offered him pills. To escape he took them. Thank God he found the strength to go back to the VA. He has some stuff with the court and family to deal with, so with my help and maybe your prayers he'll make it. Thanks, Don W
Old 12-03-2004, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Way to go, Don. Looks like your HP sent you an early Christmas present.

Mike :-)