Notices

Class of July 2020 Part One

Old 06-29-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2020 Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of JULY 2020

come and join us!

The latest JUNE thread is now here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-2-a-10.html (Class of June Support Thread 2020 Part 2)

D

Old 06-29-2020, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey July. Best wishes to everyone joining. Can't wait to hear from you all.
Old 06-29-2020, 11:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good luck July people from the June people!
Old 06-30-2020, 01:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, I'm in.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good morning. Back now and trying to get back in my normal routine. 1 month today. Hewson, saw your post about 28 days. That's awesome! Jewel, congrats on being back to double digits.

Puck, you OK? Glad to see July coming tomorrow. I figure it gets us 1 month closer to being rid of this virus. (and 1 month closer to retirement )

Being on the road the last several days meant me getting past a hurdle. Would normally be a big drinking event. As I mentioned earlier, my 2 oldest kids are looking good and drinking less. I think they probably curbed it even more during our visit to help me. What a great thought that is. Guess they want their father to be around for a while. Whether you realize it or not, there are other people that care about you and want you to be happy and to hang around as long as possible. I guess my next thing is to be on the lookout for PAWS and realize what is going on when it does happen. I had made it the first 3 months of the year, and then out of the blue, I had a wave of despair and thoughts of suicide that were way too real. Combine that with being bunkered in from the virus and it got the best of me and sent me right to a ****it moment. Not this time. I am more educated this time.

Alright, sorry for being long winded. Time to get back to work.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing better now BD

D
Old 06-30-2020, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,
After lurking around for years, stopping and starting I finally got my act together and stopped drinking for good in May. I guess its time to find a place to call home and make some friends. Thank you so much to all of you for sharing your experience so freely. It has sometimes been the only thing that kept me going.

Fiona
Old 06-30-2020, 05:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Fiona

D
Old 06-30-2020, 05:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Oops. Thought I was posting in June
Old 06-30-2020, 06:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have a feeling that July is going to be a great month for everyone joining and re-committing.

And welcome from me too dear Fiona. s
Old 06-30-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Fiona, and everyone else who is going to make July a great month for sobriety.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Re-Tread

Hi everyone
I am ready to make a commitment to staying sober for July. One day at a time.

My last drink was on April 19th.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me

I have been having health problems and it is time to quit for good. I am getting an ultrasound on my liver in an couple of hours. And doc appointment 2marrow. As for day 1, i slept horribly, had night sweats, and let my mind go into panic mode. I have been a chronic drinker for 20 years, with few breaks. These last two years i graduated from mostly wine to mostly hard liquor. I want this for myself and for my family. My husband is also an alcoholic, so we usually enable one another. I believe that will be one of the hardest challenges of my recovery. Anyway, thanks for reading my story, i think i even feel a little less scared just putting it it there. Now off to see about a liver...
Old 06-30-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR dear Backtogood s ❤️
So very glad you joined us. xxxxxxx

All the best for the ultrasound.....you are brave and wise to get yourself checked out right away.
And we are all with you, every step.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh boy was day 6 a terrifying place to be. Only God kept me going. Almost time to sleep and I will be on my first and last day 7. Hope you are all doing well.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Let us know how it goes backtogood
Old 06-30-2020, 02:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Day 6 towards day 7 is fantastic dear Makeright!!! ❤️

And hi Max. ❤️
Old 06-30-2020, 03:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Fallow, makeitright Max and backtogood - all the best for your results

D
Old 07-01-2020, 12:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

A minimum of 30 meetings and substantial work on step 4 is my goal for July is my goal for July. Share yours if you would like.
Old 07-01-2020, 03:01 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I would like to join the Class of July 2020. Need some accountability. Need some interaction. Need to get outside of my head. I'm pretty needy, right? SR has never let me down, but I haven't reciprocated. Endeavor to do better this time.

My name is James, and I'm an alcoholic. I go to work every day and go through the motions of life. But I'm not living. Not sure that I ever have. Not sure that I know how to. A contributor on SR once replied to a post of mine that it sounded like I had a hole in my soul. As much as that comment stung at the time, it was on point. I fill that hole with beer because that's the easiest thing to do. The fact of the matter is that I'm lazy. I've "tried" many other ways to fill that hole, but when the going gets tough (almost always translates to work stress), I default to the easy way. I've written out elaborate plans, I've sat in the back at AA meetings, I've sat in the back at church, I've sat with a psychologist for weekly meetings, until I deemed that I was wasting our time, and my money. The fact of the matter is that I'm afraid of people, I'm afraid that I don't measure up, I'm afraid that I'll be found out. What's truly sad is that I have people who love me, who would do anything for me. But the only voice that I can hear is the one that tells me that I'm not enough.

So here I am again. Hopeful, as I always am in the morning. Different guy when the trail gets rocky later in the day. But at least I'm here.