Anyone ever deal with a "disrespector"?

Old 06-24-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone ever deal with a "disrespector"?

Hi. I rented an apartment from a realtor. As soon as I gave him the check, he disappeared, after telling me he could "probably" get me into my new apartment that weekend. I was staying at a motel and it was expensive, and my mother had a devastating cancer surgery that week. I knew instinctively he was doing this to cause me stress. It worked. I could see exactly what kind of person the realtor was.

He's been around a few times showing my apartment lately. He never, ever responds to my emails. If he asks if he can show the apt, I say, "Yes", and he never says, "Ok, thank you," or anything at all. He leaves me hanging without any common decency. Again, this is further disrespect and he knows it, and he knows I know it. Today he set up a 3:15 appt and never showed. I had to be here because of covid-19 (I want to give people an extra mask and have them use sanitizer). I finally texted him at 3:35 and asked if he was still coming. He said, "No because the broker never called back." There was no apology for not letting me know; nothing. After thinking of a way to not let him "get my goat", I just said, "I see."

This guy is miserable. And misery loves company.
Period.

It's also about Power.

Disrespecting someone constantly is a way to try to make you feel like you mean sh-t. I think it's a terrible thing to do to a woman.

There has been other things that's gone on, too, actual abuse, from both him and my landlord (they're not quality people). In truth, it is because I'm alone. I was tested, then pushed further around other issues, and when it was clear I have no one to stand up for me, it because abuse. I was very stressed out last week. I told my landlord I don't want any relationship problems. I was extremely kind to him. But obviously, the realtor at least, is not stopping. I'm worried about what they will do next.

I don't know how to handle this. But I am no longer comfortable in my home, and I wish frankly, that I had a man friend to give these guys a REALLY good punch in the face.

How do you deal with something like this when you don't have anyone to help you? (Not, no family, nothing.)
Old 06-24-2020, 03:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Something just came to me. I need to stop letting these people get me down. I need to stop taking things so seriously, and add in some humor and positivity. Like, just stay positive, even in the face of SO many sick people in this world.
Because I notice I start giving up on me, when people mistreat me.
Old 06-24-2020, 03:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes! I see it! It's my negativity that brings this on!
The realtor is like a little boy chasing me around a playground! lol.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

People treat us badly if WE allow it. I find that if someone is unreliable, inconsiderate and rude, it's best to let them go. Tell the realtor how you feel and maybe find a new one?

How people behave is about them. How WE react is about US. Take pause to think about your next actions and don't let it just be a bounce off knee jerk reaction to how anyone acts. Protect yourself.

Hugs
Old 07-08-2020, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
People treat us badly if WE allow it. I find that if someone is unreliable, inconsiderate and rude, it's best to let them go. Tell the realtor how you feel and maybe find a new one?

How people behave is about them. How WE react is about US. Take pause to think about your next actions and don't let it just be a bounce off knee jerk reaction to how anyone acts. Protect yourself.

Hugs
Thank, but I couldn't get a new realtor; I'm already in the apartment if you read my post.

This is what I did:

After dealing with abuse from the realtor, his boss, my landlord and his wife and employees...I got sick from the stress.
So I sent the realtor an email and copied his boss and some people in my life saying that after all the abuse I had taken from him and those around him, that I allowed showings because I felt intimidated. I said I have never been okay with these showings, or having anyone in my house.
Once they saw I had people involved who were WATCHING...
It stopped.

Then I got the hell out of there.