How is everyone?

Old 05-07-2020, 08:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How is everyone?

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.
I'm an essential employee and so is RAH so things haven't changed too much except we can't go to the trampoline park or the rock climbing wall with kidlet. We still walk the dogs and go hiking at least he's getting outside. MIL keeps trying to contact RAH and he keeps blocking the different numbers. He's frustrated and I worry that it's affecting his mood. His therapist finally set up a telemedicine appt for next week. He is still attending online meetings and listens to podcasts and talks to his sponsor on the phone. I'm talking to my sponsor via phone too. I prefer in person meetings so hopefully we can get back to those soon.
I hope everyone is doing well. If anyone needs support just reach out.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

alwayscovering, it is so good to hear from you. I was wondering, the other day, how you were doing. The pandemic is making life difficult for every one of us. in one way or another, isn't it?How great that you both are getting such good support form professionals and those who understand. That is sooo important, I think.Personally, I am doing o.k. and trying hard to observe all of the safety measures. I must acknowledge that I worry a lot about our country and the safety of every person. It does bring a lot of fears for me. I do my best, every day to try to keep the fears in perspective.I try to stay aware, but, sometimes, I just have to turn off the news for a while.I am so concerned for all of the necessary workers, though.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

Always,
It's great to hear from you!
I hear you on the trampoline park, climbing gym and going for outdoor outings.
My home recovery city is over an hour from where I live. The online meetings have become a blessing for many of us in unexpected ways. Some of them will be continuing when in person meetings resume.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sharon here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

All is well here where I live with my husband, retired,practicing distance when we are out and about around others.

We are both sober and living our life in faith and recovery as guidelines to live by each day.

My days are spent outside in my backyard which has been transformed into a garden of paradise. With each stone ive placed, each bag of rocks, pebbles, garden soil, pavers, and all that comes with gardening, I could probably open up my own garden park.

A serene place to sit under trees, umbrellas, lots of flowers,bushes, plants of many kinds bringing lots of vibrant colors to not only entertain us, but is inviting to all the birds, butterflies and natures friends.

We are not much on watching news on tv and if there Is something important that catches our eye in the headline new online then we will read that.

No point in bringing ourselves down with unwanted news that would invoke fear.

Something we dont need in our daily lives when we have so much to be grateful for instead.

Other than staying connected to our recovery lifelines and staying in the day doing up lifting activities, we are healthy, wealthy and wise in just about all areas of our lives.

Glad to be a a part of an awesome community of folks from all around the world.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for asking.

I am ok, thanks.

AH and I in about week 8 of Lockdown. I go for my allowed walk early each morning which I am absolutely loving, a habit that I will continue when all of this has passed.

AH does what AH's do.

I limit my exposure of the news to the Daily Briefing each afternoon. I would go crazy if I watched the rolling 24 hour news.

We were both already retired so that has stayed the same.

I am watching what I eat carefully, as a person with binge eating issues, I do not want to gain weight over this period.

I am also working with my Sponsor to keep my feelings from overwhelming me. Listening to lots of beautiful recovery podcasts.

Joined lots of closed groups on Face Book. Codie ones, 12 step ones as well as fun ones.

Had a big clutter clear in first few weeks of Lockdown.

Sending best wishes to all of us.

Last edited by PeacefulWater12; 05-07-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spacing went strange
Old 05-08-2020, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Always! Glad to hear things are going as well as they possibly can for you and your RAH during this time of covid19. It's also nice to see other peoples responses.

I've been staying busy with yard work, we put in a pool last year so everything in the yard has had to be rearranged.. some of that is fun work, other stuff not so much, but it is keeping us occupied. I have enjoyed decorating inside the screened in "pool cage" with potted trees and flowers etc. I've also finished one large counted cross stitch and am half way through another, I don't know who is going to get them but it will be two Xmas presents scratched off my list for this year. When I need a break from yard or stitching I've been working on 1000 piece jigsaw puzzles, I've completed 2 and have started on #3. I need to keep my hands busy or I'll bake, and if I bake we will eat it, too much of that happened in the first few weeks of lock down and the weight was creeping back on... well, not even creeping.. more like leaping and bounding! So no more baking! My neighborhood is great for walking so I manage to get out and do that as well. (Unfortunately if I don't get out early I run into roving packs of people which annoys the heck out of me.) It is getting up into the 80s here now so if I am going to walk I need to do it early...a morning person I am not.

My BIGGEST stress right now during the covid era is that my family (2 grown kids and elderly mum) are in Canada and I am in the US. I was fine with moving this far away because I knew I was never more than 12hrs away despite being on opposite coasts... however with the border closed, I am feeling very disconnected from them and it is a horrible, horrible feeling. Never in a million years when I moved here did I ever consider that I wouldn't be able to get back across the line if my family needed me. Bleh.