Humiliating Evening

Old 07-03-2002, 09:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy Humiliating Evening

Well, My A has been on a rampage...he has been drinking one 750ml bottle of Grey Goose Vodka per day now. It is very bad here. I have NOT taken a bottle, or dumped a glass. Wow that is hard.
However, my daughter brought home her serious boyfriend last night...she never brings anyone home. She also lives out of state. They were on there way to Vegas ...thank heaven it was a short meeting/dinner...as the A was so hammered he must have asked this guy 30 times ...so where are you going? Said ridiculous things like you had better be good to her or I will have to kick you "A.. This man, my A is educated...acted like a total lowlife. It was a NIGHTMARE...I was so smbarassed. My daughter warned him in advance and lucky for me I had met him a few weeks before. She was furious with him too. This is her step dad too.
His clock is really ticking here....he is sleeping or passed out every night for three to four hours.............life with an A =no life.
We are invited to a big fourth party...can't even go...I am afraid what he might say to my friends....they have made it clear they would rather he not be around....but I should come if he passes out! This is the pits.
Love to all
Kitty
Old 07-03-2002, 09:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Kitty

Sorry you are having a bad time. You know that you can't change him, but you can still have a life for yourself.

Make plans with your girlfriends, go to meetings, go to a movie, and do nice thngs for yourself because you deserve them.

You are doing so well and keeping your hands off the vodka is a big step.

I'm sure your daughter and herboyfriend understand what is happening, and I think it is admirable that they would come to visit you anyway.

Do the best you can to make a life for yourself, keep your options open, and keep moving forward one baby-step at a time.

Good Luck and God Bless
Old 07-03-2002, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Kitty!

How come you can't go to the party and leave him at home?
Old 07-03-2002, 09:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Kitty,

Hugs !!!

I don't have much to offer except that you're not going through this alone. We're all here supporting you.

Have you worked on an escape plan so you can use it if you want to?

I know you feel trapped right now. Maybe the next time you and your daughter can meet at a restaurant without your A.

Why don't you go to the party with your friends without your A. Don't let his drinking stop your life.

More hugs,

MG

Old 07-03-2002, 09:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks guys...
I do see my daughter and often...we are pretty close. Her father was an A...and has not seen her in 11 years or called. So this makes me feel double sick!
The party...my A is a mental button pusher and my life would be a living hell if I went without him. Rememeber he LOVES me haha...can't be without me...give me a break. But he makes me toooooooooooooo nervous to go aginst him. AND, to make it worse a guy a used to date, 14 years ago will be there. All I need is for him to jokingly say one word about me and my A will go balistic. I am convinced his odd behavior is what fuels my panic disorder.
Love,
Kitty
Old 07-03-2002, 10:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Living under stress all the time will cause panic. You need to take more trips to your daughters. You came home feeling pretty good last time.

MG