Notices

Feeling grateful

Old 05-01-2020, 08:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling grateful

I haven't been on this site for well over a year. In January, I finally decided to go to AA knowing I could not stop drinking on my own. I am so thankful - celebrating 108 days being sober today! I'm loving reading all the posts here, thanks.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Support sent your way as you continue to build your own recovery foundation to live on that is strong and solid each day moving forward.
Sharing your own experiences, strengths and hopes like many of us do here in SR daily, not only helps us stay honest and true to our own resolve to remain sober but it also helps the new comer or those struggling or still sick in their own addiction to help them achieve success in their own recovery.
So many have help us and so in turn we help them.
It's amazing to know that no one has to go thru this process alone or by ourselves.
Keep up the good work..!!!!
Old 05-01-2020, 09:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! It took me years to finally decide to get help. I think I need to feel accountable to someone, other than myself. I still think about alcohol every day and look forward to the day when these thoughts go away. Reading others' stories helps realize I'm not alone and I can do it. There are days when I think 'what's the point' but I realize that's the easy way out. I'm ready for the fight this time and am thankful for resources like this group. It feels good to have a clear head, knowing what time I actually went to bed at, what I did and said. I never want to go back there.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower1964 View Post
I haven't been on this site for well over a year. In January, I finally decided to go to AA knowing I could not stop drinking on my own. I am so thankful - celebrating 108 days being sober today! I'm loving reading all the posts here, thanks.
Congrats on 108 days. I don't know if you like reggae music but some ub40 groovin sounds like a good song to start the day. Have a wonderful day.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Great job on 108 days of recovery.
You are definitely not alone.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

As an alcoholic in recovery, thoughts of alcohol still pop in my head even with 29 yrs sobriety.
However, over the yrs as I began building my recovery foundation, I knew alcohol was and still will never be a part of it. All the tools and knowledge taught to me over the yrs has helped me, guided me to rely on them in order to achieve continuous sobriety one day at a time.
There is no hurry in building our foundation. If built on hoping and wishing that one day I would be able to drink like folks without addiction do, then my foundation would falter. Would begin to have cracks in it. Would eventually slide right off it's shakey foundation.
There are many many healthy, helpful, resourceful,useful solutions to solve lots of lifes questionable problems. All we have to do is ask, research, talk to others about it. With support you will find out that many of us have been there, done the same similar things and have found a easier effective way to solve them without the use of alcohol or drugs.
Never hesitate to ask for suggestions so folks can guide you every step of the way. Then before you know it, you will have added a few layers to your foundation structure that will provide comfort, strength, serenity and many more of lifes rewarding gifts to enjoy as you move forward.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back - and congrats
D