Notices

Starting day 3...body pains/nerves about this meeting

Old 12-28-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Starting day 3...body pains/nerves about this meeting

So i woke up today to start day 3... Tonsilitis and teeth infection creeping up as it always does on day 3... And body pains... Guess i usually dont feel anything, not fun.

Turns out the place that does aa is 2 blocks from me and theres like 8 meetings a day there. Theres one this afternoon i am going to go to. I have anxiety problems so im kindof nervous... A lot of times its just older guys and then me which can be strange. But its the weekend and my kid is at the sitters until tomorrow so this is usually when i take the opportunity to go out and get smashed... The weekend temptation has already creeped in a bit so i feel i need that extra motivation however awkward this meeting might be.

Hoping to take the day to watch some netflix, go to this meeting and have relaxing day.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Each different meeting place/time is different and groups take on personalities of their own. Check out some other meetings.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job staying the course. Make that meeting, drink some water, take a deep breath. You're doing great!
Old 12-28-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Will be my first meeting in this city

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
Each different meeting place/time is different and groups take on personalities of their own. Check out some other meetings.
Although meeting in diff cities/countrues ive gone to has always been all men or just a really rough crowd and it would be kindof out of hand lol😬 so im hoping for the vest with this one
Old 12-28-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Can you get to a doc soon Rsanchez? Tonsilitis and teeth infections aren't normal detox symptoms. Congrats on Day 3. I think you need a going over real quick at the doc, dentist or both. Let's hit 2020 and the new decade sober and getting better. Get to those AA meetings too. Go to a few a day if they are so close and you have the time. Nothing but good support there. They've heard it all, done it all, seen it all.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Never been to AA so I can’t give you advice there. I can however guarantee that it is a better idea than going out and getting smashed.

Think of yourself in two different scenarios and how you would feel afterwards.

1. Getting smashed.
2. Going to a meeting, however awkward it might be, but not drinking.

You will end up at home either way after each scenario.

By the way, day 3 is when I started to feel significantly better. Good luck on your day.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey man,

Hang in there. I know how ugly it can be. The tonsilitis and teeth infection to the extent of my knowledge are not normal withdrawal symptoms and they might require medical treatment.

Go to the doctor and just be straight honest with him. Trust me, as soon as you are out the doctor, you will feel better. Every day, a little bit!

Forza!
Old 12-28-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You make a good point

Originally Posted by VinnyMcM View Post
Never been to AA so I can’t give you advice there. I can however guarantee that it is a better idea than going out and getting smashed.

Think of yourself in two different scenarios and how you would feel afterwards.

1. Getting smashed.
2. Going to a meeting, however awkward it might be, but not drinking.

You will end up at home either way after each scenario.

By the way, day 3 is when I started to feel significantly better. Good luck on your day.
You

Im already feeling quite bad physically which i diddnt expect for day 3 so why set myself back even more? Like you said its the same outcome at the end of the night but thw gwtting smashed option will lead to even more suffering...
Old 12-29-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rsanchez920 View Post
Although meeting in diff cities/countrues ive gone to has always been all men or just a really rough crowd and it would be kindof out of hand lol😬 so im hoping for the vest with this one
While staying on my boat for a while in Southern Cal, my closest meeting turned out to be a halfway house for ex cons. While I was welcomed most graciously, it wasn't really my kind of crowd, so I decided to try a meeting half way between there and the most expensive neighborhood around, where I found a group that was much more like myself, which was half women, half men.

While staying in Petersburg, Alaska on my boat, the meetings were almost all women, I suppose because their husbands were commercial fishermen and off making money.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How are you on Day 4 Rsanchez?? Check in and let us know how you are feeling.
Old 12-29-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

How are you doing today RSanchez?