Notices

2020 or BUST

Old 12-28-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Wink 2020 or BUST

What are you looking forward to in the new year??

I am going to help at least 5 people here in my home town get in an AA meeting.

Also I am going to start looking for a sober girlfriend, at 40 years old and one marriage behind me I'm sure this will be interesting

Old 12-28-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome goals!
this upcoming year I am going to take care of me. I tend to absorb other peoples problems but neglect my own. Day 5 here so I definitely will focus on maintaining the course
Old 12-28-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Originally Posted by Formy2boys2 View Post
Awesome goals!
this upcoming year I am going to take care of me. I tend to absorb other peoples problems but neglect my own. Day 5 here so I definitely will focus on maintaining the course
Good for you and keep going no matter what
Old 12-28-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow you know I haven't really thought about it in a sense . one thing for sure is I am going to continue on my journey I am carving out in my life. I have a little head start with 238 days. The goals I was setting and doing were a bunch of mini goals. Managable if you will feel me. I'm setting up and getting my foundation ready. Being 238 ago was being held by twigs. Lol. Why? Cause I was missing the main ingredient to build a foundation. And thats being sober. Having a clear head. Making smart choices. So my check list is pretty simple actually. I keep it real fam. Progress not perfection. I want to do it right the first time. ✌
Old 12-28-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hoping to do something good with my life in 2020. Probably some voluntary work. To support and encourage the people around me as best I can. I would like to meet a sober man. They seem scarce though.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Originally Posted by Mary88 View Post
Hoping to do something good with my life in 2020. Probably some voluntary work. To support and encourage the people around me as best I can. I would like to meet a sober man. They seem scarce though.
They are not that scarce
Old 12-28-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ClarkGrizwold View Post
They are not that scarce
Thanks for giving me hope!
Old 12-28-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Find a new career path. I’ve been in sales for 17 years. Good money but a lot of stress.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Mary, I agree. They aren’t that scarce. Sober women either. We are just used to being around the same people we were.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Originally Posted by VinnyMcM View Post
Find a new career path. I’ve been in sales for 17 years. Good money but a lot of stress.
Have you tried computers, I worked construction for 10 years and then decided enough was enough. I went back to college and got a degree in Computer Science and never looked back.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good move by you. Computers are obviously the present and future of the world. I thought about it. I do have a business degree but I’m so sick of the corporate world.

Going back to school probably isn’t an option right now. I have a 4 and 7 year old and a wife with a very good job with a lot of hours. I know, a lot of excuses. In the end, it’s going to be up to me to figure this out. But yes, computer science does sound intriguing to me.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
AKA ComputerMan

Good move by you. Computers are obviously the present and future of the world. I thought about it. I do have a business degree but I’m so sick of the corporate world.

Going back to school probably isn’t an option right now. I have a 4 and 7 year old and a wife with a very good job with a lot of hours. I know, a lot of excuses. In the end, it’s going to be up to me to figure this out. But yes, computer science does sound intriguing to me.
It was just a suggestion, have you looked at the new online courses, I did more that half of my degree online? Anyway you sound like you have a great support group (family) so I am sure you will land on your feet, just find something you love and you will never work a day in your life, My dad use to tell me that!!
Old 12-28-2019, 09:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

2020 means I am staying sober and transitioning to a new career and self-employment.

Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

In 2020 I am going to get a commercial drivers license and do some volunteer driving folks to and from medical appt's or to the grocery store and such.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrendered19 View Post
In 2020 I am going to get a commercial drivers license and do some volunteer driving folks to and from medical appt's or to the grocery store and such.
You are AWESOME
Old 12-28-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

In 2020, my primary goal is to not drink. My secondary goal is to drop 50 pounds -- just 1 pound a week would do it. Of course, not drinking will eliminate a lot of calories. Third, the mister and I plan to buy a retirement home in a warmer latitude and gradually move and get our current home ready for sale.

I will continue to volunteer as a master gardener and continue to assist my elderly parents -- we'll be here half time for the year, even if we find a new home next week.
Old 12-28-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Mary, I agree. They aren’t that scarce. Sober women either. We are just used to being around the same people we were.
​​​​​​I'm sure you're right Vinny. Anyway I would prefer to be single and sober than with a partner who's drinking.

Good luck with your career change.
Old 12-28-2019, 04:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I like this thread! My goal is to shift my perspective to the positive. I’ve been caught in a negative cycle lately, particularly in regards to work, so I’m going to channel Least and practice gratitude and shift perspective.
Old 12-28-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll see what good places the year leads me

D
Old 12-28-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I’d love to list so many things here, but I’m pretty sure I’m not in full control and that someone has a plan for me. The one thing I will list, because with out it 2020 will be nothing - I want to find my sober life. Whatever it looks like I want it.