Notices

Just turn down full time interview

Old 12-23-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just turn down full time interview

So I have accepted a part time I start Thursday and I am excited about it.
Great experience and Less stress but not alot of hours I knowingly had a job BUT still accepted another interview for today ??????for a full time position. Working from home (isolation) with little time for my recovery.
I just sent an email advising that I accepted another position due to life circumstances for a part time position. Thank you for the consideration but its not fair to take up your time blah blah blah. hopefully in the future..blah blah blah
I just have that feeling that its slim pickings and I should be back at 40 plus hours a week and I am squandering full time opportunity blah blah blah.
anyhow- I was very nervous to send the email also not in the mood for a 45 minute conference call for a job when I just accepted another job.
It just makes everything complex and double guessing myself worse

I have to get motivated to get some things done today. I have been on a do nothing lazy bender. (which does no harm) but does not make a dent in my list... that is a plus because I am normally doing a harming bender which adds much more to my list of wreckage.

thanks for letting me vent. Getting in the shower and going to my meeting soon. Just enjoyed some hot coffee (gosh I live for that first cup in the morning now)
Old 12-23-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do your "to do" list and when you finish you can come do mine. In my opinion I think you have made the right choice about the job. Your sobriety has to come first and it seems as though you have a solid plan in place to achieve that. There will be other full time jobs available down the road if you want to do that. The email you sent sounds very professional and classy.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I've always worked extremely hard, and stopping work has been the key to my recovery this time. It took me ages to stop feeling guilty but it does come eventually, you get used to a slower pace where you can look after yourself better.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This....Working from home..Enabled me to get into trouble faster.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I personally think you made the right choice. Small steps and stay healthy. Full time will pop up again down the road. I guarantee 🤗
Old 12-23-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Just finished a plate of cheesy ziti and now am having a bag of famous Amos cookies so I any crave I had is currently at Bay.

Even after my clean time and all of the wonderful gifts quitting drinking has given me, I still crave.

Crazy to think, but that is the curse of addiction. If a person doesn't crave after decades of boozing they are better than me.

Anyway...
Can you tell me please of a good job I can do from home?
Old 12-23-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Just finished a plate of cheesy ziti and now am having a bag of famous Amos cookies so I any crave I had is currently at Bay.

Even after my clean time and all of the wonderful gifts quitting drinking has given me, I still crave.

Crazy to think, but that is the curse of addiction. If a person doesn't crave after decades of boozing they are better than me.

Anyway...
Can you tell me please of a good job I can do from home?
NOW I want cheesy ziti and choc chip cookies

Thank you all for the support. I wrote a heart felt email explaining my current situation and would like to keep the door open for future blahablahablah..and I did not get a response at all.. I got an calendar generic email that my interview was xcled. LOL I would be just another #
there obviously.

My career (from home) involves me to be logged into a phone working from home.
Long hours and no life. I miss getting out and about and interaction. Which I will be able to do in this new position without being logged into a phone.
anyhow thanks for the support. I feel good about my decision. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 12-23-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I actually turned down a job for similar reasons this past week, so I empathize. Sometimes, we need to go with our gut and choose a direction that is best for our wellbeing, even if on paper it may not seem ideal. I think you absolutely made the right choice to retain the time in your schedule to focus on your sobriety and wellness. It's hard not to second-guess decisions like this, but try to focus on the positive and what you can accomplish for yourself with the time that you'd otherwise be spending "on the job" in the 40 hour position. Balance in life is good : )