Notices

Day 226

Old 12-16-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 226

Good morning fam. Made thru another sober weekend. I been giving my sober muscles a little more attention than normal these past few weeks. Why? Let me explain. I am trying to be proactive in my recovery. Due to all the holidays and stuff. This or any time is not good to be complacent in maintaining my sobriety. This time of year is a festive time of year. Although I have 226 days sober today. I'm doing things that I did when I first got sober. I holler at my coach (HP) more often. Why? Well hes the coach I want to know what play he wants me to do. See the key word? To do. That means do the work. No I don't go to meetings . but there are many other ways of getting my sober muscles stronger. As You notice I am on this site all the time. You guys speak my language. You guys get it. This year will be my first time in as far as I recall that I will be booze free. . hey maybe I will celebrate Xmas for what it really is about. 226 days ago that just meant many days of getting polluted. . I am and always will be work in progress fam. This time of year alot of us fall off and start boozing. Even with sober time under your belt. Why? Cause we are b oozers and always will be . I'm just one in remission. I have so much to be greatful for. And to see me **** it away would be a shame. But it happens. Some make it back. ..alot don't.. Dont know where I was going with this. But oh well its whats on my mind to share with you. Have a great day fam. ✌
Old 12-16-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am really working on my plan for the next few weeks. I feel very confident that I will stay sober through the holidays, but I will be in a few places that folks will be drinking quite a bit. I've already got my strategy to get out of any place I need to get out of. I've got quite a bit of support too, which I am grateful for. Living in Day 26 here.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post.
Can never be too careful. I've already volunteered to drive Xmas and boxing day for our planned outings.
Congrats on your sober time SoberRican.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

!Que dios te bendiga y la virgen te acompaņa!

I worked at a homeless shelter for elderly in Puerto Rico and you could say, "Bendicion" to any of the old people and no matter how far gone they were in dementia, the above blessing would pop out of their mouth. It was kind of lovely as they could be confused until you asked for a blessing and then they weren't confused; they knew exactly what to do. Consequently I'm trying to pass along some mighty powerful blessing from those viejitos to you Soberrican!

I was having a down day today so just cranked out 20 minutes of yoga and came her. I'm feeling better.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, another awesome post.

I love how honest and down to earth you are. I feel as though I am really part of a family.

I especially like this part

"hey maybe I will celebrate Xmas for what it really is about"

Im going to sleep on the 24th feeling peaceful and content, and waking up on Christmas day the same way. Noparties, no crazy running around, no insanity.

Thanks for the post
Old 12-16-2019, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Uplifting post. I love it!
Old 12-16-2019, 05:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Good morning fam. Made thru another sober weekend. I been giving my sober muscles a little more attention than normal these past few weeks. Why? Let me explain. I am trying to be proactive in my recovery. Due to all the holidays and stuff. This or any time is not good to be complacent in maintaining my sobriety. This time of year is a festive time of year. Although I have 226 days sober today. I'm doing things that I did when I first got sober. I holler at my coach (HP) more often. Why? Well hes the coach I want to know what play he wants me to do. See the key word? To do. That means do the work. No I don't go to meetings . but there are many other ways of getting my sober muscles stronger. As You notice I am on this site all the time. You guys speak my language. You guys get it. This year will be my first time in as far as I recall that I will be booze free. . hey maybe I will celebrate Xmas for what it really is about. 226 days ago that just meant many days of getting polluted. . I am and always will be work in progress fam. This time of year alot of us fall off and start boozing. Even with sober time under your belt. Why? Cause we are b oozers and always will be . I'm just one in remission. I have so much to be greatful for. And to see me **** it away would be a shame. But it happens. Some make it back. ..alot don't.. Dont know where I was going with this. But oh well its whats on my mind to share with you. Have a great day fam. ✌
Your gratitude really shines through in all your posts.
I wish you a fabulous, sober and healthy holiday.
No hangover for me this Christmas if I pay attention to my sober muscles... last year I could not leave my bed

Thanks for all the inspiration and sharing your gratitude a day at a time.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm old school. Been thought the rican tradition of saying " Bendicion" since I was able to talk. Forever embedded in me. And I have been blessed. My lita (grama) at the Island will always say I am praying for Papo. To get right. Well it worked fam . HP answered their request. And mine too. And boy am I reaping the benefits . thus fam thats why I share addiction is a very selfish disease. Right? Well for me Sobriety is a very giving disease for me. Sobriety is healing my soul. Positive energy if you will . so thank you for all your responses. Whats funny is these are daily thoughts and each day is different fam. My journey is not scripted. ✌
Old 12-16-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats SoberRican

D
Old 12-16-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thats awesome soberrican. I remember when I first quit and you had like 6 weeks or something and that seemed like forever at the time. I remember thinking how nice it would be to have 6 weeks. LOL. I'm coming up on 7 months soon. Done for good. Glad you are doing great.