Notices

Bring help home. Please give advice.

Old 11-26-2004, 05:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bring help home. Please give advice.

Hi Everyone
I'm too tired to deal with this anymore. I have two wonderful step-children and my wife is becoming worse with her drinking everyday. I can't leave them with her, because I love them to much. On occasion she drinks so much she says terrible things to them. I'm thinking about bringing childwelfare into our house to hopefully help us out. Any advice?
Old 11-26-2004, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Koffee,

I'm sorry for your situation.

Is your wife seeking help for her drinking problem? Is it possible for you to hire a babysitter to be with your step-children while you're not there?

I guess I wonder how you think child welfare is going to 'help you out'.

If you like you might check out the AlAnon forum on this board for families and friends of alcoholics.

Anna
Old 11-26-2004, 05:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Hi Koffee, I too am sorry for your situation also.Have you looked into finding a therapist who might direct you in what the best approach would be?Maybe guide you in an intervention with your wife?Good luck and God Bless..Trish
Old 11-26-2004, 05:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Koffee,
Hire a sitter or relative to watch your children. I am the A in my household. No children home. However, I am a Vol with State Guardian Program and DCF here is a nightmare. You can have her Marchman Acted. I believe that is the right term. Period is 28 days min and could be longer. All you have to do is go in front of Judge and get the order signed. But unless she is willing to change she will continue.
Keep in mind she is really going to be p-----!! I only stayed in rehab 7 days and slipped for 2 months. I attend AA meetings and am currently sober. However, the sad part of this ...it took my precious husband leaving me for me to change my life for a sober one. Maybe try an intervention with family and friends when she is sober.
Good luck to you and may God bless you and yours.