Notices

Beginning Day 6

Old 10-26-2019, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Beginning Day 6

Good morning (on my end anyways) SR community.

*Long one so if you don't wanna read I feel ya. But long story short I'm so far so good and Day 5 was well*

Yesterday was Day 5 and was a pretty good day. Upbeat day at work and had a good workout. Was able to help a family member out the day before I forgot to mention. So that was some good steam to ride off of going into Day 5. Wouldn't of been able to do that had I been drunk the night before.

Today isn't gonna be too busy but looking forward to getting things done to create some "order" around me lol.

When I was at work joking and laughing with everyone I guess I didn't realize how much people cared about me as a person, pass my work ethic. Because sober or drunk I've always tried to be a hard worker (when I'm at work lol). That never changed. It was refreshing to realize.

I am in a bit of an emotional seesaw with a situation. I know my dad is pissed at me about my relapse (cause its been a back and forth for 17/18 months. In that same breath I found out yesterday that he got rushed to the hospital (won't go into details). He's cool I guess but I had to let my mom know to relay the message that I hope he's okay cause I don't want him to have to deal with that and have my voice remind him of what happened. Might just be me overthinking (one of the things I gotta work on)

Either way he's back home and has what he needs to get better I believe so I'm glad about that.

Long message, sorry. Just had this on my mind this morning and wanted to share. I guess it is just something that reinforces the fact that I need to be sober for myself first, but then for my family as well. I'll never know when they need me and I should be respectful enough to be ready to spring into action need be.
Old 10-26-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give yourself a little time to mend fences TNTStill - 6 days seems like an eternity to us, but for others it's just 6 days, y'know?

Congrats tho - we know what an achievement it is

D
Old 10-26-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All you can do is continue to take one day at a time...work on yourself staying sober and then everything else falls into place.

You said it...we want to be there for others...but that is not possible if we do not take care of ourselves...just focus on you....

Sometimes we have to be TOLD...ITS OK to focus on YOU...you are worth the same love and care you are willing to provide for everyone else.
Old 10-26-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

One day at a time sweetheart, youre doing great :-)

Congrats xxxx
Old 10-26-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey friend good job on six days. Things will get better the longer you stay off the sauce. I promise you. Yes there is life. Deal with it. But sober makes it much easier. Take care. ✌