Notices

Withdrawal Timeline

Old 09-14-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Withdrawal Timeline

Hey guys,

I took my last few pills at 4pm yesterday afternoon, that's just over 18.5 hours ago. I was at work yesterday and managed to stagger what I had left so I didn't start going into withdrawals at any point during my shift. I got home a bit earlier than usual so I could prepare for a couple of days of detox. I am detoxing from pharmaceutical opiates/opioids.

Last night wasn't too bad. I started feeling the usual suspects creep in late into the evening. Muscle aches, that weird feeling you get like your nose is gonna start running, the sweats. I was mildly uncomfortable but ok. I timed my last dose so I could try and get a whole nights sleep.

I took 2 OTC sleeping aids and went to bed between 9-10pm. I woke up twice through the night, once to use the bathroom and once just because I had soaked a pillow through with sweat. I was not looking forward to diarrhea but knew it would end up being one of the first things I experienced. I was not wrong.

This morning I woke up and had to rush to the toilet. My whole body was covered in sweat from sweat glands that until now I didn't know existed. My legs ached and still do. I'm still sweating. My nose is still running. My whole body feels like it's about to fall apart.

I have to do this. I have to see this through. The next day or two. I have to get over the worst of it.

Natom
Old 09-14-2019, 03:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well done keep it up 👍
Old 09-14-2019, 03:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

wishing you all the best natom.

D
Old 09-14-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Thanks for writing about it. What you're going through is dreadful. Sleep as much as you can. Eat. Shower. Change your sheets. Let time pass, though the minutes will take hours. Create a mantra, close your eyes, and try it out.
Breathe.

You will get through this.

O
Old 09-14-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello. Unfortunately my friend you gonna have to go thru this mess to get better. Stay hydrated and rest. Let time do its thing. ✌
Old 09-14-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Not Alone

It's been nearly 25 hours since I last took anything. I've been lucky in that I've managed to sleep quite a bit today. I'm drenched in sweat and my whole body aches. I've managed to get up and about. I think I'll probably have a bath or a shower soon just so I can feel a bit cleaner.

Natom
Old 09-14-2019, 10:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope the worst part is over. Remember, you never have to go through this again.
Shower/bath sound great. And some sports drink would be a good idea, don't dehydrate.
Hang around here and keep posting. We're all with you.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
I hope the worst part is over. Remember, you never have to go through this again.
Shower/bath sound great. And some sports drink would be a good idea, don't dehydrate.
Hang around here and keep posting. We're all with you.
Well I'm still here. I ended up falling asleep early this afternoon. It's now midnight where I am and I have no idea what to do with myself. It's just hitting me that I've been continually high for the last 5 years. Other than the maybe 20 minutes each morning after I've taken my pills I've been high for the rest of it.

I've used drugs to help me sleep, to help me get through every single one of those days. My body is not happy with me.

Natom
Old 09-14-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If it's any consolation I believe opioid withdrawal is not that lethal. Not to say pleasant - think baby crawling on the wall trainspotting unpleasant. And elevated heart etc is never entirely safe.

It's no competition in stupidity, but I'm spasaming and hoping not to get a seizure.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

And it ends of course. The total nightmare of thoughts somehow eclipses the horror you put your body through for me, with alcohol withdrawel at least. Edgar allen Poe is living in my head right now enlightening me with new memories I wouldn't give to my worst enemy, true or not. Police are going to knock on the door imminently my mind is saying.
Old 09-14-2019, 04:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep going Natom!

My little brother went through the same thing...he said he never wanted to experience that ever again. That was about 8 years ago and he hasn't touched opiates since.

It sounds like you may be almost through it? As others have said, keep hydrated and take care of yourself.

Are you able to get checked by a doctor as you go through this?
Old 09-14-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Natom soooooo good to see you posting here I remember you and am glad you are back. I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts -
Old 09-15-2019, 12:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by soberclover View Post
Natom soooooo good to see you posting here I remember you and am glad you are back. I'll be thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts -

Well thanks dude. I appear to be over the worst of it. At least that's what it feels like. I had a terrible night's sleep, it was very broken up and just feels like I didn't sleep much. My legs were killing me last night, just my calves. They felt like rocks most of the time.

So I've got some slight sniffles. I'm not sweating as much but my body is aching all over. I've got a fresh pair of clothes in the wash right now that I'm waiting to throw in the dryer. I'm gonna get dressed today and maybe go out for a bit. There's a meeting at 6pm I wanna try and get to aswell.

My head is a bit all over the place. It knows that all the pain I'm feeling can be gone very quickly if I just use. That's the worst bit. Just like when you have a flu you can take a cold remedy. In withdrawals you just take what you stopped taking and your body goes back to what it thinks is normal.

Natom
Old 09-15-2019, 12:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. Don't know why shared pain is comforting but it somehow is.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Not Alone

I've just showered and put on a fresh set of clothes. That made me feel much better than I thought it would. I can't tell if things are getting better or not yet. I'm still aching and stuff but I am fully dressed and don't smell of stale sweat so that's a start.

Natom.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Natom,
I know many of friends that went through opiode/heroine withdrawal some used methadone to ween themselves of and others went to prison and had to sweat it out. In a cell, with no medical help they survived but did not stop when they returned to society, it's the psychological part that seems cunning, baffling and powerful. I would say go to those meetings and accept all the help you can get and try green juice to help the body repair itself also a sauna, water and plenty of rest you got this my friend.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by jhonnyspa View Post
Hi Natom,
I know many of friends that went through opiode/heroine withdrawal some used methadone to ween themselves of and others went to prison and had to sweat it out. In a cell, with no medical help they survived but did not stop when they returned to society, it's the psychological part that seems cunning, baffling and powerful. I would say go to those meetings and accept all the help you can get and try green juice to help the body repair itself also a sauna, water and plenty of rest you got this my friend.
I had the option of going on a methadone script or a buprenorphine script and I decided against both. People have a worse time getting off those than the drug they stopped taking in the first place.

I'm having to take it hour by hour at the moment. I won't use for this hour.

Natom
Old 09-15-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I Agree with you as you still have to come of them substitutes, your doing great ! keep that mentality strong.To get myself of alcohol I have removed myself from my environment and rented a apartment in a seaside town to detox build a plan and to attend meetings and get stronger.
Old 09-15-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Awesome work Natom. What made you decide to quit now? Have you been working up to it for a long time?
Old 09-15-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Awesome work Natom. What made you decide to quit now? Have you been working up to it for a long time?
I turn 30 in just over a month. I've got this big psychological thing with feeling like I've wasted my entire 20s and wanting to make up for it in my thirties. So I've been wanting to get clean and out of withdrawals before my 30th birthday.

I kinda decided that I wanted to get clean a couple of months ago and tried to detox over a long weekend. That failed so I had to try again. It just so happened that this weekend I knew I wouldn't be able to get any of my doc anyways.

Natom