Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

He just keeps digging ??? - I don’t know what’s right for my kids

Old 09-04-2019, 10:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So today in preparation for going back to court I met with an “expert” who has the very best reputation in my state. It took him all of an hour to assess the documents, in relation to all of the fraud and perjury, and OMG. AH, his attorney, and his company have : violated several laws, will be notified of pending federal lawsuits either this week or next, the fines for misrepresentation are astounding and AH was the one who initiated the fraud. So far the “big wigs” probably have no idea of the lawsuit AH has opened the billion dollar company up to but they will by next week. I think the best thing I ever did was start recording all my conversations with the company and only communicating with AH via email and text. Because of just one issue that has already happened in court, judge could be removed from the bench immediately and permanently and in fact another judge was removed for the exact same issue. I really didn’t want to have to go to appeal but it’s looking like whether a true appeal or not this will definitely go to a higher court simply because of the abuse of power that has already taken place. It’s so crazy to me. The first attorney I hired I did so because she is rated as one of the most “ethical” attorneys in my state because I wanted to set a ethical respectful tone. So now my team has 4. 3 of them I feel are really wanting the judge to mess up again because they feel that the higher court will award me 100% of the assets and possibly push for federal charges. The fourth I haven’t updated yet but I assume the same. All I wanted was a fair honest divorce and to move on but every single thing AH has done is shady and dishonest and he just keeps digging. There are several scenarios that can play out. 1)Federal lawsuit = company pays damages for their violations billion dollar company, large payout in addition to divorce division, AH will probably lose job for exposing them to lawsuit as it’s in the company documents that he lose everything for exposing them to risk. 2)Higher court assigns 100% of assets and can send for criminal federal charges for both company and AH, big fines and extra payout from company, jail time for AH. 3) Agreement between Parties which has the tightest language on earth and penalties include entirety of estate should AH violate provisions of agreement. At this point I get the feeling no-one wants to do this because honestly it’s more work and locks me / the company in with constantly having to check AH’s behavior. There are even more scenarios that are progressively worse for AH /company/ attorney, they seem outlandish unless the courts want to make an example of them but what do I know. I don’t know what is right for my kiddos. I had held out hope that they could have a relationship with a healthy father, but he’s not healthy and according to the doc & therapist he isn’t capable mentally even if not drinking. There have been diagnoses thrown around which are frightening for all involved. Despite all the dramatics, the fact that everything takes me 3 times longer than I expect, I am living in a home that is falling apart, not the luxurious life I had, none of the “things” that were/are so important to AH (that has never been me) I am truly the happiest I have been in so many years. I have amazing relationships that I get to maintain and not have to apologize or hide AH’s behavior. New people with interesting stories/plans have been appearing in my life, I am able to be fully present/honest with my kiddos no hiding/covering anything. I just keep giving everything to God/universe and go about my simple routine. My friends say that The universe is rewarding me for doing the right thing. I don’t know, I have just been trying to do things in the way that my children would be proud of. One day if they want the court documents to read for themselves they can see what was done, said, testified to, and presented and know who told the truth and who didn’t. I never wanted them to come back and say “why would you do that to my dad”. According to the doc & therapist AH isn’t capable of that kind of thought. It makes me so sad for my kids, this is a very sick man. At this point I may no longer get to direct legal aspect with the federal stuff looming and I don’t know what the right thing to do is anyway. Maybe say a prayer for me/my team, and most of all my kiddos.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow.. Just wow. Good on you for recording so much. Sounds like you have a fantastic legal head on your shoulders. Yeah, I'm hoping the universe will finally give me and the kids a break. The future is bleak with an alcoholic dad. I'm praying for you. Hope you and the kids can just walk away and never look back.
Old 09-05-2019, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sending my admiration and a big fierce hug. You’re a hero!

Old 09-05-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tough stuff but good to know you are doing well. Courage for the coming storm!
Old 09-06-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My goodness! So much stuff. Thinking of you and your family <3. I struggle with doing the “right” thing for my son too. The hard thing is that I don’t think there’s a solid answer to what that is except to be open with them as much as is appropriate for their age. *hugs*