The insanity of alcoholics...

Old 07-28-2019, 01:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The insanity of alcoholics...

OK. So I just sent EXAH email about kids care. Nothing too serious. Just to keep him in the loop. I'm no contact with him due to him trying to get back with me-admit he's still drinking-immediately jump back into enablers bed...
​​​​​​... And I effin despise him drinking...oh and the drunken assault.

I'm sooo no contact I wait til he leaves kids at school before I pop in to see them. I honestly can't stomach him anymore.

So in my email I asked him to switch lunch meats for our son, cos he never eats it. And he just texted and wanted to know if I wait til he's left sons school, then go in and bin his lunch meat???

No you doughnut... I wait til you're gone because you hurt me. You've never even asked me til now why I sit in my car and wait for you to leave. I do not wait for you to leave cos I despise the lunch meat you pack for our son and I'm a conniving ***** bent on demolishing SANDWICHES.

Yes.. I get his question probably had less to do with lunch meat and more to do with him being hurt cos I'm happily blanking him. Thankfully I was chatting to my mom when his text came through and we both burst out laughing at the idea of me going all SWAT on poor defenseless limp meat.

Anyway..I'm off to find my night vision goggles. I need to scale the cafeteria in the morning once my EXAH has left and abscond with the cereal he made my son.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are dealing with a mentally ill person so he is going to say things that don't make sense.

Glad you have your mum for support. Good self care to be no contact as much as possible. I hope you find some peace for yourself.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Yep, you'll frequently get crazy replies. Mostly it's the insanity of the alcoholism, some may be long-term brain damage due to alcoholism, and some may be to try to get a rise out of you.

I'm sorry, but not surprised.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Milano, I think your post also brings out another important point, the huge importance of having that support around you. Now I know your Mom isn't sitting there all the time, but that certainly diffused this.

Even if someone isn't right there, being able to pick up the phone or get to Al-Anon can be so important.

I'm sorry you have to put with all of this but you are doing well. Hang in there.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love the night vision goggles! He’s just being a tool bag.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I need to stop expecting logical thinking

It was funny how his thinking goes from A to B to TRIANGLE! I think I'm expecting him to be normal at his place, his enabler normalising his drinking and validating his poor decisions and then bam.. Its a show I haven't seen in weeks since I went NC and it just reminds me of the nonsense I used to have to live with daily.

I think I started to believe the show.. I am only seeing a little bit at handovers. But that was classic drinking thinking.
Old 07-28-2019, 11:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Milano, I think your post also brings out another important point, the huge importance of having that support around you. Now I know your Mom isn't sitting there all the time, but that certainly diffused this.

Even if someone isn't right there, being able to pick up the phone or get to Al-Anon can be so important.

I'm sorry you have to put with all of this but you are doing well. Hang in there.
Thanks.. Mom is great but my dad was an alcoholic so it brings up some unpleasant memories for her. I have friends at the school.. They'll find it hilarious. The teachers have been there from the day after the assault, the protection order etc. So they know the situation.

​​​​​​I need to just not get sucked back into it. I'm about to fulfill a life time dream.. Could never do it with EXAH in my life due to his police record. I just focus on that and where I'm going with my life.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Seren View Post
Yep, you'll frequently get crazy replies. Mostly it's the insanity of the alcoholism, some may be long-term brain damage due to alcoholism, and some may be to try to get a rise out of you.

I'm sorry, but not surprised.
Ye mentioned it to one of the teachers. She was flabbergasted. Obviously they know what I do when I visit the kids at school.. Half the time I'm gossiping with them...no Swat gear in sight.

Just more drinking thinking, document and move on. Do damage control as eldest was exposed to it last night and now wants to know what I do at school after daddy leaves (his dad must have asked him). In time the kids will realise that mom makes sense and daddy doesn't.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like ... he's crazy. Good thing that you recognize it as craziness and are no longer wasting your time trying to figure out how you can explain matters to him to clear up his confusion.

My ex alleged (in a letter to my lawyer) that I could not be trusted with full-time care of Kid because I had not fully acknowledged my complicity in the genocide of indigenous people in north America. Lawyer asked "was he always like this?".
Old 07-28-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Milano58 View Post
OK. So I just sent EXAH email about kids care. Nothing too serious. Just to keep him in the loop. I'm no contact with him due to him trying to get back with me-admit he's still drinking-immediately jump back into enablers bed...
​​​​​​... And I effin despise him drinking...oh and the drunken assault.

I'm sooo no contact I wait til he leaves kids at school before I pop in to see them. I honestly can't stomach him anymore.

So in my email I asked him to switch lunch meats for our son, cos he never eats it. And he just texted and wanted to know if I wait til he's left sons school, then go in and bin his lunch meat???

No you doughnut... I wait til you're gone because you hurt me. You've never even asked me til now why I sit in my car and wait for you to leave. I do not wait for you to leave cos I despise the lunch meat you pack for our son and I'm a conniving ***** bent on demolishing SANDWICHES.

Yes.. I get his question probably had less to do with lunch meat and more to do with him being hurt cos I'm happily blanking him. Thankfully I was chatting to my mom when his text came through and we both burst out laughing at the idea of me going all SWAT on poor defenseless limp meat.

Anyway..I'm off to find my night vision goggles. I need to scale the cafeteria in the morning once my EXAH has left and abscond with the cereal he made my son.
LOL.
Where do they think we have time to plan, let alone carry out such daring operations?
Its all about them.
Old 07-28-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Above all else, alcoholism is a mental illness. In general it's best to ignore all words and simply look at what he/she does.
Old 07-28-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Milano, I am imagining you with night goggles on, repelling down the building while "Mission Impossible" music plays!
Old 07-28-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lovepeacesushi View Post
milano, i am imagining you with night goggles on, repelling down the building while "mission impossible" music plays!
lmao
Old 07-28-2019, 04:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Sounds like ... he's crazy. Good thing that you recognize it as craziness and are no longer wasting your time trying to figure out how you can explain matters to him to clear up his confusion.

My ex alleged (in a letter to my lawyer) that I could not be trusted with full-time care of Kid because I had not fully acknowledged my complicity in the genocide of indigenous people in north America. Lawyer asked "was he always like this?".
Omg.. I burst out laughing at this. Holy cow. While we were separating my EXAH rang immigration, left ranting message on kids lawyer's voice mail that I was a flight risk. She got the message while she happened to be at his lawyers office on another case and was furious she was being subjected. He made himself out to be such a ****. In an affidavit later he tried to validate his behavior.. He just kept digging that hole. You know... I don't mind the crazy it's the sometimes sane that confuses me.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LovePeaceSushi View Post
Milano, I am imagining you with night goggles on, repelling down the building while "Mission Impossible" music plays!
Ha ha.. Now I gotta go find a utube clip!!
Old 07-28-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Milano.....I am laughing my ring of, too! Sasha has enough Krazy stories to fill a book....
I divorced the father of my three children, decades ago....and, he...not even an alcoholic.....still, to this day, tries to tell people about my voting record....(I heard that through the grapevine...as, I haven't spoken to him in decades)…..
Old 07-29-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

LOL. Keep at it.

My XAH accused me of all sorts of things that make no sense simply because anything else would have made him admit that he hurt me and our children and some of the things I have done are ramifications of that. Whatever.

Quack. Quack.

Keep doing YOU.
Old 07-29-2019, 10:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
LOL. Keep at it.

My XAH accused me of all sorts of things that make no sense simply because anything else would have made him admit that he hurt me and our children and some of the things I have done are ramifications of that. Whatever.

Quack. Quack.

Keep doing YOU.
Ye.. That really is the case. There's a constant reality v alcoholic delusion going on and he has to twist every circumstance to support a reality where he hasn't hurt me terribly. Or where he's chosen alcohol over marriage, being a full time dad. I wonder how he's gonna validate losing his job when that eventually happens..

Document.. Move on. Unfortunately I have to spend some time with him today for KIDs doctor. He'll be happily playing the everything is awesome running commentary to anyone who'll listen. What he isn't aware of is that the health board knows all about his abuse, alcoholhism etc. They all know I'm KIDs primary care giver and he's an active alcoholic. Once it's in the system.. Its there for good.
​​​​​​

​​​