July 2019

Old 07-15-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

July 2019

Almost 7 weeks ago I wrote this:

I'm not happy about the extended time frame with the CPS case. I am trusting God/Great Spirit/Universe. "Let go & let God."

Today I'm grateful for still being in this CPS case simply because of having more layers of protection for DS12 from his dad's alcoholism. My spidey-sense is sure my husband has relapsed, again. DS12 is safely away visiting his sister (27 years old) out of state for 12 days.

Kid has had to deal with things his older siblings have no understanding of. I trust in keeping my focus on DS12's safety, protection, emotional and psychological health, plus my own well being and the good in our lives.

Prayer, meditation, good obvious direction and trust in this process. Yesterday it led me to several hours of helping a kind, healthy family with clearing a very cool path through gardens in their back yard, exploring new herbs the mom has in her garden on the side of the house -- she shared a leaf of Sorel with me. I accepted, said "thank you." and enjoyed the lemony taste of it. Later I had a great conversation with their neighbor, a gentleman who's wife has advancing Parkinson's disease. Alcoholism, Parkinson's, etc. - diseases that are very different, yet I felt a similarity in what I'm going through in having a spouse with a chronic, progressive illness.

Good music has been super important for me the past few days. I also drove to a seasonal resort town yesterday evening and greatly enjoyed summer around me in a different way, short bits of conversations with local people and hope.

Puppy and I went for a longer than planned walk last night when I got home. The log cabin, setting and area are very peaceful.

Life is a gift. Setting intentions for abundance, healthy relationships, clarity and my own log home for myself, kid and pup.

Prayer: God/Great Spirit/Universe, please give me eyes to see and ears to hear.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Today I'm grateful for still being in this CPS case

Weird zen feelings.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you the best Mango

D
Old 07-16-2019, 06:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I too wish you all the best Mango.

Sending you a big hug!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

I really appreciate the support. Taking this one day at a time with grounding myself physically and emotionally, yoga, meditation and checking in with how I'm doing.

Thank you, Dee, hopeful and everyone else here with me.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Looking online at addiction support for families:

"Don’t shield an alcoholic from the consequences of not carrying out his or her work, school, or family duties. Let them face the music, so they realize how alcohol is damaging their lives and relationships."

Last year it was safer for kid and I to have healthy space far away from active alcoholism. Within this CPS case my husband has the opportunity to deal with his responsibilities as a father.

It's not my responsibility to get help for him. It is my responsibility to protect DS12. I've asked for a counseling appointment with myself, my husband and his addiction recovery counselor. My goal is staying safe, telling someone within this support system I believe my husband has relapsed in a way that allows open discussion with him. More will be revealed. Kindness, a safe environment (addiction recovery out-patient center) and involving my husband very directly with this.

The same article has the reminder of how important self-care is for family members. Ramping this up again this week. Yesterday it was by expanding my "work office" to a beautiful historic library with great vibes, having interactions with friends who model healthy attitudes, and washing my laundry and dishes. Recognizing these things are important.

The final tip that really spoke to my heart:

"seek emotional support from people who had been in the same place as you are now."
Old 07-18-2019, 09:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Focusing on:

"my own well being and the good in our lives."

#healthyactions
Old 07-18-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you Mango. That sounds like a healthy thing to do.

Sending you lots of support and many hugs!