Notices

Good Morning Day 9

Old 07-12-2019, 01:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good Morning Day 9

Well, made it to day 9! Yesterday was a hot mess. To start, I put salt in my coffee instead of Splenda...WTH was that? Then, in the shower, I put hair conditioner on my poof instead of body wash. I could go on about the stupid things I did, but you get the picture. This fog has got to go! On top of that, the loneliness has really kicked in. So, last night I went to an AA meeting, hoping it would help. Nope. Walked in, and there were 5 men, all in their 70's and 80's. They just glared at me the whole time, like I invaded their space or something. I stayed, but was NOT happy. Very weird for me. Made me want to hit the store for beer on my way home. Of course, I didn't, but really felt the draw. I researched other meetings and the next closest one to me is 44 miles away. I live in the middle of nowhere Ohio, so my options are limited. Guess I'll just have to keep staying close to here! Have any of you had the horrible loneliness? And how did you deal with it? I have stayed constantly busy, and that does help my mind, but it doesn't help the loneliness. Guess beer was more my only friend than I realized....Have a great day y'all
Old 07-12-2019, 02:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The meeting sounds awkward. There are online meetings too I believe which may suit you better. You can't go wrong with checking in here very day.
Old 07-12-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

9 days is awesome! I’m sorry the meeting was so awkward. I have found podcasts on recovery that really help. YouTube has some great Ted Talk on addiction that helped me. Education and hearing others stories can help. Finding hobbies I enjoy has helped pass time. I like to read because it helps me escape my own life. I hope you find some activity or craft that will help
Old 07-14-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Long as you got Wi-Fi you can go on YouTube and there's some very good speakers just put recovery videos or something like that I think and I just listened to them they're really good
Old 07-14-2019, 02:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by braebear View Post
Well, made it to day 9! Yesterday was a hot mess. To start, I put salt in my coffee instead of Splenda...WTH was that? Then, in the shower, I put hair conditioner on my poof instead of body wash. I could go on about the stupid things I did, but you get the picture. This fog has got to go! On top of that, the loneliness has really kicked in. So, last night I went to an AA meeting, hoping it would help. Nope. Walked in, and there were 5 men, all in their 70's and 80's. They just glared at me the whole time, like I invaded their space or something. I stayed, but was NOT happy. Very weird for me. Made me want to hit the store for beer on my way home. Of course, I didn't, but really felt the draw. I researched other meetings and the next closest one to me is 44 miles away. I live in the middle of nowhere Ohio, so my options are limited. Guess I'll just have to keep staying close to here! Have any of you had the horrible loneliness? And how did you deal with it? I have stayed constantly busy, and that does help my mind, but it doesn't help the loneliness. Guess beer was more my only friend than I realized....Have a great day y'all
Hi..
How about putting an ad on Craigslist for Women in your area to attend the AA meeting with you with the old guys?

Also in my area..they have things called "meet ups" where everyday people take hikes....or there are writting groups...all kinds of interesting groups....

I know to join one of the groups..you have to be really desperate...I joined and never went to anything but when I get desperate I possibly will.

Boredom is a killer literally for an alcoholic.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 9!