Notices

2 weeks sober/ straight

Old 07-08-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks sober/ straight

So today is my 2weeks sober/straight and I'm feeling good. I also begin my new medication with 5 weeks off work beginning today.
I've been a writing lists of jobs to accomplish daily, so I'm occupied in my time off. You know the boring jobs lol, like cleaning out all cupboard etc, the stuff that gets over looked.
My fridge resembles a fruit an veg shop now as well, the medication can cause weight gain.
Feeling really positive at the moment, my boss called me today to wish me well in getting better etc, which was lovely of her, I'm very lucky that I have a brilliant network around me, trusted friends, professional help as an when I need it. Not forgetting you guys 😃.
Still waiting for a letter for setting up CBT but it's all in hand. I'm ready, I'm armed, I've learnt and I'm strong
Much love to everyone that struggles, we have ALL been there, but we can get through it, one day at a time
Doris 🙏💖 xx
Old 07-08-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well, Doris.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's awesome Doris!! Like I said the other day, I had a similar weeks/plan as you and am proud of you! Enjoy all that fruit and veg too - seeing all the colors after we go to the store makes me happy
Old 07-08-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Really happy to hear you're doing well, Doris!
Old 07-08-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is so great you have time off from work to aid in your recovery!! Best of luck to you!
Old 07-08-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It's a good feeling knowing I have everything in place to help me along the way, I just hope the meds level me out, an not make me a dribbling wreck lol 😝. Joking aside it's all trial an error for a while. August,Anna and nerf thank you guys xxxxx
Old 07-08-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bethany57 View Post
That is so great you have time off from work to aid in your recovery!! Best of luck to you!
Thank you Bethany 😊 I began this journey at Christmas, but I was trying to do it all solo, picked up a drink at couple of times, but never going full blown again, I've had my practise run. Now for the real thing, with proper help etc xxx
Old 07-08-2019, 08:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bethany57 View Post
Not sure I'd call that an aid. I was going to say, be careful with all that time off. I'd much rather be working. Since I did not drink at work I would love the 8 hr diversion. Lot less time to not have to worry about drinking. But thats just me. good luck to ya.
Old 07-08-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Not sure I'd call that an aid. I was going to say, be careful with all that time off. I'd much rather be working. Since I did not drink at work I would love the 8 hr diversion. Lot less time to not have to worry about drinking. But thats just me. good luck to ya.
The time off work is because of my change in medication, I've had a few issues to deal with along Side tackling sobriety. It's a long story but my previous posts will explain all that. I understand how you may feel it's not an air, but it's exactly what I need right now. Not one box fits all. 😊