Notices

Day 5 - still going strong

Old 07-03-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Day 5 - still going strong

I'm getting ready to meet my fiancee for lunch and I have to pick him up from the police department he works at in 30 minutes. Tonight we are going to continue our Harry Potter marathon we started after I got home from the hospital. I'm trying to stay as busy as possible. Yesterday I went on a walk with my kids, we went out for ice cream and then we drove around belting out the lyrics to Disney movie songs. I think my kids are happy I am back to myself! My 12 year old even drew me a picture last night (see attached file) and left it on my laptop for me to find this morning. I am also going to look through all of the resources everyone provided in my last post - thank you! I'm hoping to get a daily devotional and a few books for starters. A few weeks ago when I was on Day 5 I was already struggling and then gave in on Day 7. I'm not struggling at all yet, although I'm sure the temptation will come back with time. I just can't forget last week and everything that I have at stake. This time I have to stay strong and keep fighting. I forget who it was, but someone said they made a video of themselves to help them remember to never go back. I thought it was a great idea and did the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_9462.jpg (23.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-03-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

One day at a time. One hour .. Whatever works. Stay strong.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad it's going well, and that you will be prepared if you begin to struggle again.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's Awesome StrengthNme!

Ime, SR is a great source for me to find support & inspiration at anytime day or night.

Also reading 1 Peter 5:8-10 and other Scriptures helped alot.

Old 07-03-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good going. One of the things telling me to give up is how incredibly dangerous alcohol is. In fact any alcoholic not dead or in jail is.very lucky. There is a lot to lose.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, and congrats on day 5. I'm not on here as much as I once was, so maybe I missed it, but do you have a thread explaining your "Day 1"? We seem to be around the same age, and I saw you mentioned the hospital, so I'm curious to hear more about your journey.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
Hello, and congrats on day 5. I'm not on here as much as I once was, so maybe I missed it, but do you have a thread explaining your "Day 1"? We seem to be around the same age, and I saw you mentioned the hospital, so I'm curious to hear more about your journey.
Hmm I'm not sure how (or if I even can) link a previous thread, but it's the one titled, "I'm taking myself to the hospital" and then I wrote another one titled, "I'm home."
Old 07-03-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

there were a few before that also. You can go to a users page by clicking on their username and click on find all posts created by user. there you will find all the posts they created.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep going!! Love the drawing!!
Old 07-04-2019, 04:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 5 days StrengthNMe

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
You can go to a users page by clicking on their username and click on find all posts created by user. there you will find all the posts they created.
you can also just click their name beside their posts to get all posts all threads, profile page etc

D
Old 07-04-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That picture she drew is so sweet. I’m happy your back!