Notices

Third monday in a row

Old 06-24-2019, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Third monday in a row

15 days today IF I dont drink. Pretty good for a spur of the moment decision one morning. I dont miss it but my AV kind of does.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's great going on days! What are your plans today? Early times (even now, with some more time!) focus on just my plans for one day was the best thing to keep me going.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No IFs about it....you're NOT drinking. Not today!
Old 06-24-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not drinking. I'm waiting for my little one to wake up and give her breakfast. Have to meet a guy driving several hours to meet me to look at my boat. I'm trying to sell it. I need to go buy a new edger for my yard. Been putting it off for years. I may do that today. I also am going up to the plumbing store because I need to fix the line in my garage because it is leaking if I turn the water on. Two outside hose spigots that I did not use all last year cuz of the leaking line and I need to clean out that damn garage but its a rainy day kind of around here so the plumbing is the perfect job for the day. Right now just checking in with SR and watching the news, while my wife gets ready for work. Thanks for the reply and encouragement.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've never heard of anyone who has counted their sobriety in Mondays. But I'm a big advocate of finding anything that works, so good for you.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
I've never heard of anyone who has counted their sobriety in Mondays. But I'm a big advocate of finding anything that works, so good for you.
I dont count my sobriety in mondays. I am just posting that this is my third monday cuz it happens to be my third monday. A monday was my first dry day though. I count daily and have posted my count on days other than monday several times. So far what has worked for me is just simply reminding my self that I dont want to drink and why I dont want to drink. Just dont care to feel that way again and dont need the health anxiety knowing I am doing something not good for my health.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome job Abraham. Weekends can be tough for sure so 3rd Monday is a great accomplishment.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sounds like sobriety has also helped you get motivated to take care of some overdue chores and tasks. That's a great side benefit, isn't it?

Keep up the excellent work Abraham!
Old 06-24-2019, 10:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice! Another sober Monday for me as well! I'm glad things are going well for you!
Old 06-24-2019, 10:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wait!!! You broke your record!
Old 06-24-2019, 12:04 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You're just delightful!
Old 06-24-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well done on your 3rd Monday!
I'm on my 2nd Monday, I gave up on a Tuesday.

I've noticed a big difference in that every night, I make a dinner, I clean the dishes, make lunch, clean more and chill out. I see that my kitchen is clean and the opposite of what it used to be like- half eaten take aways, dishes piled up, fridge full of half attempted ideas of going healthy just rotting away, sink rammed full of dirty dishes that really would sit until I could face washing them all.
it just surprises me a bit because even when I was on a diet, I was never this motivated and in a way resented having to put in so much effort but now it's almost second nature because with my sobriety I've made it part of my routine and I'm really grateful for it.
Old 06-24-2019, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
I used to view Mondays as gauge of how much I had drunk over the weekend. I drank daily. But if I felt particularly bad on a Monday I knew I had had much more than "usual".
Counting Mondays make sense if you consider it as the start of the working week. You are going to work clean and completely sober not with lingering effects of a heavy weekend drinking.
And Abraham congrats!

Last edited by Strugglingto; 06-24-2019 at 01:58 PM. Reason: More to say.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I been counting the days this time too. Rarely did that before, and for some reason it's working this time, so I'm keeping it up.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Sounds like sobriety has also helped you get motivated to take care of some overdue chores and tasks. That's a great side benefit, isn't it?

Keep up the excellent work Abraham!
lol. Actually these are all things I would have been doing anyway. Just while taking a shot break every 10 minutes. I was a highly functioning drunk. I was not mean , passing out, stumbling, mumbling, etc... Ive had my job for just about 25 years, damn good at it, always did the home maint and lawn/ garden, keep the sailboat looking perfect along with boat repair and projects along with racing boats and taking care of my 9 year old. All while drinking rum out of the bottle from 7am to 8 or 9 pm(unless I was racing, no alcohol on the boat). I dont know how I did it but I doubt it would have went on forever. I'd find myself hammered thinking, man I hope its 2 or 3 already then look at the clock. Nope its only 10:30. Not good. I'm glad I at least started doing something about it. Thank you all you guys and SR in general. Its what talked me into quitting and helps me stay on the wagon daily. If I did not have my wife and kid I would get on my boat and keep going. No bars out there. I always thought it would be a great idea to have a big boat or one of those tall ships and have a recovery program on it. go out to sea where there is no leaving and no liquor stores. Learn how to sail/work, enjoy the water, all while getting sober. Stay out to sea for a couple months. Would be great. Sea sickness on day 2 or 3 might not be great though.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good work, Abraham.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats Abraham

D